new laptop help

gates4000

Reaction score
i am hoping to purchase a new laptop for school but i'd like it to run FM as thats the only game i play on computer really any 1 tell me if this laptop would be good? i have a budjet of £400 or so and i thought this one looked great for the money as it has a 3 GHz processor and 4gb memory other than that i don't really know about laptops but i know thats a great processor for a laptop

HP Laptops - HP Pavilion g6-1134sa

thanks

Last edited:
I'd say it looks pretty good. should be able to play FM well :)

Decent Processor, 4GB RAM and intergrated graphics card.
All you need, 3D may not work but you should easily be able to run the game.

thanks guys, it says up to 1.87 GB about the graphic card does that mean anything special?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

bumb

thanks guys, it says up to 1.87 GB about the graphic card does that mean anything special?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

bumb

Where did you get that from? It has 512mb Vram is good enough to run FM in 3d

Integrated video cards are awful.

If you truly only intend to play Football Manager on the laptop, then it'll serve, but if you decide somewhere along the line that you'd like to install another game on there, you'll probably have problems.

cheers guys yeah i expect i'll just be on FM but if i want another game for laptop then i should be able to turn the settings down right? i only atm play fm and i've got 360 and i game on that but atm only fm on my laptop but it's awful, it was 1.8 ghz and a truly awful graphics card it can play fm in 3D and cod with a bit of lag on lowest possible settings and reduced resolution

when u get ur new Laptop, go to this site

Can You Run It?

tells u whether the game (not only fm, but even like CoD, mass effect, homefront, pes, fifa) will work in ur system. real helpful site.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Integrated video cards are awful.

If you truly only intend to play Football Manager on the laptop, then it'll serve, but if you decide somewhere along the line that you'd like to install another game on there, you'll probably have problems.

lol save me. haha im also hate those type of video card, mainly with intel PCs

dude 358.5MB video card?

lol man, my Laptop is like i think 4 years old now. :p and still running on Vista.
why how much is urs ?

but amazingly Fm still works. sad i wish i could play Deus EX on mines :(

lol man, my Laptop is like i think 4 years old now. :p and still running on Vista.
why how much is urs ?

but amazingly Fm still works. sad i wish i could play Deus EX on mines :(
I got the old Deus Ex <3
My current card is a Radeon HD6570, 2GB of DDR3 :)

I think it's a good laptop for the price. I think it will fulfil your needs.

cheers guys i think i'll get it! and thanks for that website will defo use it!!

sorry for bumbing this but has anyone ever used Home page as it seems to be unreally cheap, i expect it's a scam or something but i'd love to know if anyone could confirm whether it works? or at least speculate

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

????