Paulgib1965

Reaction score
Hi all....im an experienced FM player for many years but clueless on technology!

I'm buying a new laptop and need to know what I need to look for in respect of memory storage etc (not too bothered about graphics as i still like playing in 2D a lot)

I have a fairly basic one now and don't mind paying around £1000

Thanks in advance

Paul

CPU, 16GB RAM is plenty, SSD to bot up things more quickly.

Not install any free anti-virus, have up to date Windows and GPU Drivers.

Hi all....im an experienced FM player for many years but clueless on technology!

I'm buying a new laptop and need to know what I need to look for in respect of memory storage etc (not too bothered about graphics as i still like playing in 2D a lot)

I have a fairly basic one now and don't mind paying around £1000

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi, and welcome to FMBase!

The minimum specs for FM22 are: 4 GB RAM, essentially any new integrated GPU, 7 GB of space and Intel Core 2 1.8Ghz CPU (that was released in 2006).
So, essentially any modern decent laptop will run FM22, but that doesn't mean that will run smoothly.

Now, to suggest you a good laptop, there is an issue: I can give you the name of a very good laptop (like for example Asus ROG Zephyrus G14), but the same "model", as a lot of different submodels with different CPU, RAM, GPU, Storage etc...and of course at different pricing.

As @fc.cadoni did, we can suggest you the "specs" to look into, and search for a valid answer to your question yourself.

In general a good performance PC for "non-hardcore-gaming" (as FM is) nowadays should have at least
RAM 8 GB
CPU Intel i5+ 10th gen / AMD Ryzeen 5+ 4000 series
GPU 1650Ti + (here depends a lot what you wanna do, this may be even too much)

And looking at these, you may find the best laptop suited for your personale use, other than FM.

If you don't have any knowledge of components tho, these are "good" options I will suggest on a particular site, of course you may find the same exact specs on other reseller for less (be cautious with the computer specs tho, again: same name doesn't mean same specs):
- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14, 936.85£
- Asus TUF Gaming, 799,99£
- Lenovo Legion 5 AMD, £899.97
- Acer Aspire 7, £699.97
- Anyone on this list

But I cannot not mention the one that in my opinion at the moment is the best "FM laptop": the new MacBook Air with M1 Chip .
We at FMBase use a MacMini with M1 for our testing league, and managed to get around 1.5x better performance in a single testing league with the new M1 chip.
But you will have for <1000£ less SSD space (only 256Gb rather than 512+ compared to windows), and you will have MacOS instead of Windows (not a bad thing, but you may not be used to it, and you "daily" programs may not be supported)

Hope I was helpful!