New Leaders for FM12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Im just wondering if FM-Base will be looking for new forum leaders in the coming months ahead of FM12 like last year? It seems to me that some leaders are rarely online to moderate their sections and there is also a lack of staff late at night. (dont take that the wrong way, I dont think the staff are doing a bad job but at times there are no mods online)

I wasnt very active last time around but if the opportunity came up again I would at least apply for a position.

Didnt know if this should be in another section or not so just posted in here.

Mods, feel free to close this thread once my question has been answered. Or simply ask me and I shall delete it.

Last edited:
I don't think there is any real need for more mods, as we have... 20 already. I think most, if not all, of us are doing a good job.

Anyway, it's down to Sean/Lee, they will announce if they want applications, so you will have to wait until then. :)

I don't think there is any real need for more mods, as we have... 20 already. I think most, if not all, of us are doing a good job.
Anyway, it's down to Sean/Lee, they will announce if they want applications, so you will have to wait until then. :)

As I mentioned, I dont think the staff doing a bad job but I have noticed lapses in mods being online. There are times both late at night and early in the morning when no staff members are online. Anyway not going to get into discussion about this.

Should I delete this thread so and just PM Sean about it? Or wait until Him or Lee comment?

Im just wondering if FM-Base will be looking for new forum leaders in the coming months ahead of FM12 like last year? It seems to me that some leaders are rarely online to moderate their sections and there is also a lack of staff late at night. (dont take that the wrong way, I dont think the staff are doing a bad job but at times there are no mods online)

I wasnt very active last time around but if the opportunity came up again I would at least apply for a position.

Didnt know if this should be in another section or not so just posted in here.

Mods, feel free to close this thread once my question has been answered. Or simply ask me and I shall delete it.

someone wants a job ;)

Pff, speak for yourself Dunc. ;)

Are there any mods from overseas, like in america or australia? Someone in a completely different time zone would come in handy during the night to protect our world from spam and hatred

someone wants a job ;)
Thinly veiled, 'give me a job' thread.

To be honest, yes I would apply if a vacancy came up in an area I feel I could contribute in. However I'm not applying purely for the sake of having a green name. If others were suited more for a vacancy I wouldnt begrudge them. I would only apply for a post if I though I could make it a better place.

Are there any mods from overseas, like in america or australia? Someone in a completely different time zone would come in handy during the night to protect our world from spam and hatred

Em, CMH is from Singapore if I'm not mistaken but I think he is on national service still. Other than that I think all moderators are based in the UK.

A good number are about late, but remember, several of the Mods are set to invisible

A good number are about late, but remember, several of the Mods are set to invisible

I actually didnt know that they can appear invisible. But still I havnt seen any mods commenting on any threads after say 2am?
I suffer from insomnia and usualy dont sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning. Arent the mods meant to be there to help them aswell as police the site? You would be amazed how many threads are set up that late at night.

I think Steve would make a great Mod though.. maybe ;)!

Thanks. But as I said, this isnt me looking for job. All I look for is that people receive optimum support from staff. And this seems to be neglected late at night...

I actually didnt know that they can appear invisible. But still I havnt seen any mods commenting on any threads after say 2am?
I suffer from insomnia and usualy dont sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning. Arent the mods meant to be there to help them aswell as police the site? You would be amazed how many threads are set up that late at night.

Thanks. But as I said, this isnt me looking for job. All I look for is that people receive optimum support from staff. And this seems to be neglected late at night...

I'm normally about then, but frankly i seldom write threads or comment then, very few things are that important it cant wait till morning

I'm normally about then, but frankly i seldom write threads or comment then, very few things are that important it cant wait till morning

Ok, as I mentioned. I didnt know mods can hide their online status.
Do you want me to close this thread and just leave this topic until FM12 comes closer and ask Sean/Lee then?

Only reason I'm up that time is cause of the dam missus, dog and cat snorin their dam heads off. So I'd be well suited to a late night post lol. think tbh some threads come up is cause of newbies not reading all the rules and postin threads that have already been done. Thats what I've seen anyway, so I stand to be corrected

Except Mike, I saw Jake few times this late. But there wasn't any big problem. Yet. However, I would love to see Steve as a mod, I think he would be great moderator.

Only reason I'm up that time is cause of the dam missus, dog and cat snorin their dam heads off. So I'd be well suited to a late night post lol. think tbh some threads come up is cause of newbies not reading all the rules and postin threads that have already been done. Thats what I've seen anyway, so I stand to be corrected

Exactly my point, most threads that late at night that are set up are against the rules. And most replys are unconstructive. If there was a late night mod they could simply redirect the thread by posting a link and closing it. This would stop more unwanted comments on the thread.

Thanks Vanjagl. Same response to you as the bottom part of post 11 :)

Exactly my point, most threads that late at night that are set up are against the rules. And most replys are unconstructive. If there was a late night mod they could simply redirect the thread by posting a link and closing it. This would stop more unwanted comments on the thread.

Guilty as charged.....sometimes lol

I am also guilty for this haha!

I don't want you for mod anymore :p

if its true that there are not many mods 'watching' during late nite, then I would support whoever willing to do the job..
in my part of the world, we go online when u guys are sleeping in UK.. it would be best if someone monitor during this time..
I still remember couple of months back when someone go havoc cursing and thrashing people out.. and it stays awhile before finally deleted..

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

just wondering, are mods getting paid? how much? (smiley face here-bcoz my smiley wont show up)
just ignore the question if it is not to be made public.. sorry.. (guilty face here-still wont show up)

Status
Not open for further replies.