New Leaders for FM12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its true that there are not many mods 'watching' during late nite, then I would support whoever willing to do the job..
in my part of the world, we go online when u guys are sleeping in UK.. it would be best if someone monitor during this time..
I still remember couple of months back when someone go havoc cursing and thrashing people out.. and it stays awhile before finally deleted..

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

just wondering, are mods getting paid? how much? (smiley face here-bcoz my smiley wont show up)
just ignore the question if it is not to be made public.. sorry.. (guilty face here-still wont show up)

Yes, this is the main reason that I think there should be more mods. Sometimes unsavoury comments are made on threads and they are left for a few hours.

I dont think that is appropriate to ask on here. However I dont think Moderators get paid for some reason. Most of the money the website makes is spent on maintaining server space and also on essentials.

Let's be honest lads, Sam rather has any mod positions tied up.

Besides, now that Scott's left, we only need like 5 mods anyway.

owh.. sorry for that.. forget it then..
anyway, GO FOR STEVE!

Haha, I was waiting for the "do Mods get paid?" question. On every board I've ever been on in my life there's always been one who asks that. Hard luck mate, looks like you'll need to find something more challenging than giving Joss one-day bans for the lols on here to earn money.

Ok, as the comments have strayed off topic I will now close this thread and ask Sean directly myself. I will ask him to post a reply on this thread to let us know how he feels about this issue.

Thread closed for now...

I actually didnt know that they can appear invisible. But still I havnt seen any mods commenting on any threads after say 2am?
I suffer from insomnia and usualy dont sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning. Arent the mods meant to be there to help them aswell as police the site? You would be amazed how many threads are set up that late at night.

Thanks. But as I said, this isnt me looking for job. All I look for is that people receive optimum support from staff. And this seems to be neglected late at night...

Are you serious? 4-5am? I’m sure if some rapscallion creates a dup thread or makes a horrible post at that time of the morning then it can wait until 9-10am when I am slacking off at my actual job.

In my opinion, things are running pretty well & almost all of the staff is doing a fine job. Just because we don’t post for the sake of it doesn’t mean we are not lurking, checking threads etc

Haha, I was waiting for the "do Mods get paid?" question. On every board I've ever been on in my life there's always been one who asks that. Hard luck mate, looks like you'll need to find something more challenging than giving Joss one-day bans for the lols on here to earn money.

We wish. We get free FM-Base clothing though

I'm rocking my FM-Base t-shirt right now.

Lee is basically an android, he's rarely not on the site. I used to be on well into 4am territory, now its more like 2-3am before i go to bed. Myself, Mike, Tiraths, Dunc are usually on at least as late as this, maybe not every day, but i would say the right amount of mods are online at the right times, compared to site traffic. We have CMH who lives in Singapore who was doing a great job on the graveyard shift until he got conscripted into the army over there. Hopefully it will only be a few more months before he's back behind a computer full time.

The bottom line is, if you don't notice us, we are probably doing a good job. Last night i deleted 8 spam/advertising threads at about 3am before anyone reported them, presumably only a few people saw them before i did.

I am never set to invisible, but many of us are.

Now the site has become so big, mods don't need to post in tech hlep or support threads as much, we have a number of highly knowledgable and helpful members who post at various times throughout the day/night.

If i see something at night that isn't rectified come my mid morning log-on then i will post. I don't know about other mods, but i check back through every thread since my last activity every time i log on. I don't read every thread but i filter them out by title for anything interesting/controversial/funny/etc and also post in any help/support threads that i see.

If you got 10-20 messages from random users asking realyl daft questions every day, you'd all hide your status too. People assume I am a tactical god because I am a Super Mod. Sadly for me that's far from true.

If you got 10-20 messages from random users asking realyl daft questions every day, you'd all hide your status too. People assume I am a tactical god because I am a Super Mod. Sadly for me that's far from true.

I learnt that lesson after hanging round the player and tactic sections initially. May change it for fm12 though

Who decided to keep the thread open again?
Sean has read the thread fully as I spoke to him about it. He did actually agree with most of my points.
Well Redders theres no point bringing back Max as he is rarely on here anymore.
To be fair I didnt know about the lurking ability until It was explained to me.

If you can't detect sarcasm, then I don't see much help for you being a mod ;)

If you can't detect sarcasm, then I don't see much help for you being a mod ;)

I havnt slept in something like 4 days now so my ability so see anything except whats infront of me right now is extremely limited. To be honest, I couldnt care If I became a mod or not once the site is supervised correctly which it seems to be :p

Will I close this again or leave it open for the giggles?

I havnt slept in something like 4 days now so my ability so see anything except whats infront of me right now is extremely limited. To be honest, I couldnt care If I became a mod or not once the site is supervised correctly which it seems to be :p

Will I close this again or leave it open for the giggles?

Giggles isn't online so don't bother :p

Leave it open, it's funny to see how your ongoing campaign to become a mod will end.

Oh yeah, I noticed. You've been like this for like 6 months now. ;)

Meh, no real need to leave it open, I think everything has been covered :)

Status
Not open for further replies.