Petrokal

Reaction score
well i need a new tactic for my now new team A.C Milan. Well i have bought Lacina traore, bocchetti and llorente for free with the bosmann rule and bought Lars Bender, Munoz, Inigo Martinez and Stekelenburg. Now i need a new tactic for all of them working at their best together. Right now i'm employing a 4-2-2-2 formation but it isn't working that much and these are my players screenshot. Hopefully you can help me with my dilemma.

(you didn't say why it wasn't working mate)

Lorrente and Traore are probably both beastly in the air, so set your team up to take advantage of that.

Train Pato (AMR) and Robinho (AML) to be full out and out wingers and specificaly on crossing.

Lars Bender (or De Jong) as ball winning mid in CM next to him and have either Montilivo as deep lying play maker or Boateng as box to box.

Flat 4 defenders with the full backs set to automatic.

Make the best header of your striker as target man, play the ball to head.

See how that gets on. Hope that helps :)

well it isn't working mainly cause i was expecting to concede less goals while the wingers getting goals as much as the forwards so not to make a predictable way of attacking. I am thinking of selling a robinho and pato actually but mainly robinho because i have el shaarawy who is much better than both of them and also a great prospect coming from my youths + i also bought in tabanou for free for the next season ! Llorente is a beast for me this season and so is traore and de jong but i am a bit dissapointed by Bender mostly ! now i need a tactic to focus more as you said on ball winning midfielders and target man upfront with agile wingers who can dribble, score and pass a ball neatly to the target man ! what do you think? and on a second note montolivo was sold in the last transfer update so actually i'm relying more on my wingers to create the flow of play than a trequartista or a deep lying playmaker like montolivo

Last edited:
Play 4 1 2 2 1 mate - De jong or Bender in DMC (defensive mid or maybe anchor man - whoever is best for what you want) and the other one as a ball winning CM (preferably the better passer. the other Cm should be most creative of the three :)

Play the wingers and Llorente as normal. Dont put many fancy settings on the two CDs as this seems to mess them up for me. Keep them both as CD - defend

So
------------Skelenburg--------------

Abate-----Martinez---Acerbi-----Didac (de sciglio or whoever you use most mate)

-------------De Jong--------------

-------Boateng----Bender------- (Nocerino can be interchangeable for either here as hes good all round)

El Shaarwy---------------Robinho (??)

-------------Llorente------------ (Traore)

Thanks alot i will surely test this out ! you're great! :D

Thanks alot i will surely test this out ! you're great! :D

I'm a Milan fan mate! And i won the league first season with them (on goal difference vs Juventus both on 80 points - close call!)

They're a good club to manage. You have signed a lot of different players to me but a change in formation should do you some good if your conceding. Just remember to keep the defence simple and get De Jong in the DM area, his attributes are up there with the very best in the game for that role :)

You may need to wait a while for your players to get used to the formation change so keep that in mind if you dont start winning instantly. On my Man Utd save I've just got up a run of 20 games unbeaten just after my team got used to the formation 100% - so don't underestimate it! If I was you, I'd even put match preparation onto high in tactics for a few weeks to make the most of it :)

Let me know how you get on!

i will surely let you updated ! well obviously i will not change my pair of strikers for anything cause they were free and llorente scored 55 goals in 54 games and traore svored 24 goals in 31 games so surely they're the best upfront ! i will definetly get a new midfielder though or 2 cause i don't have that much back up and right now i'm unbeaten season long but my defence is just above average so i need to improve that ! Well now i have 2 games against barca in the ecc, 1 against juve and 1 against inter so i will not try that tactic now cause i will surely loose those games but hey after those i will surely try your ideas cause i have alaready won the league with juventus only beaten once by me !

Thanks for your help fellow milan fan !

i will surely let you updated ! well obviously i will not change my pair of strikers for anything cause they were free and llorente scored 55 goals in 54 games and traore svored 24 goals in 31 games so surely they're the best upfront ! i will definetly get a new midfielder though or 2 cause i don't have that much back up and right now i'm unbeaten season long but my defence is just above average so i need to improve that ! Well now i have 2 games against barca in the ecc, 1 against juve and 1 against inter so i will not try that tactic now cause i will surely loose those games but hey after those i will surely try your ideas cause i have alaready won the league with juventus only beaten once by me !

Thanks for your help fellow Milan fan !

I lost to Juve with my Man Utd save in group stages 2-1. Then smashed them 4 - 0!! Juve are generally really good on the game and it is hard with Milan but do-able!

Have a look for a really good passer mate, try Isco or Thiago if their prices are not too ridiculous then train them as Deep lying playmakers. One thing you team seems to be a bit lacking in is a super passer :)

I lost to Juve with my Man Utd save in group stages 2-1. Then smashed them 4 - 0!! Juve are generally really good on the game and it is hard with Milan but do-able!

Have a look for a really good passer mate, try Isco or Thiago if their prices are not too ridiculous then train them as Deep lying playmakers. One thing you team seems to be a bit lacking in is a super passer :)

well i won against juve 4-3 (to see my problem with goals conceded) drawn both games with barcellona but i passed with goals away scored and won against inter 2-1 so actually it was perfect and i couldn't hope for more ! now i'm up against arsenal in the fial who lost 4-0 away and won 7-2 home (CRAZY HAHA) against atheltico madrid. I was scouting Eriksen and Isco but i'm not sure which one suits my team best, and there is no problem of money cause i will sell robinho for sure and another stiker (either pato pazzini or guidetti who are all on loan)