New, Need some help

Abdou23

Reaction score
Can you please explain to me what exactly does this option mean and how can i use it?

1-Closing Down
2-tempo
3-Hold up ball
4-free role
5-use target man
6-use playmaker
7-show onto foot
8-target man supply
9-width

am new to this game, i started a season with MAN UTD am in 3d place, sometimes i win games and sometimes i lose, problem is i dunno why i lose, while i use the same strategy i won with. i play with 4-4-2 diamond

Berbatov..................................... Rooney

..................................Rivaldo..............................

Giggs(Vukcivic).............................................Ronaldo

................................Carrick....................................

Evra...................Vidic................ferdinand.................neville

...............................Van der sar.................................

Sometimes i change it to 4-1-3-2 when i'm losing but i lose anyway.

Please help

You dunno what them options/team instructions are????...... I don't think this game is for you

Last edited:
1-Closing Down
2-tempo
3-Hold up ball
4-free role
5-use target man
6-use playmaker
7-show onto foot
8-target man supply
9-width

1. Whether or not your players try and get close to the opposition just in their own half or all over the pitch.
2. How quickly the team plays.
3. The player keeps the ball until support arrives.
4. Gives the player freedom to basically do what they think is best.
5. Your players will look for a target man to pass the balls up to.
6. Playmaker is someone who dictates the passing/tempo.
7. Shows the opposition player onto a certain foot.
8. How you want the target man to receive the ball.
9. How wide your team sets up.

But like SAFC7 says if you really didn't know those then this game is not for you.

Its all explained in section 6.0 (Tactics) of the manual that comes with the game

Wow just wow........ You dunno what them options/team instructions are????...... I don't think this game is for you
Maybe he/she is new to the game of football,everyone has to start to learn somewhere.

Maybe he/she is new to the game of football,everyone has to start to learn somewhere.

Very true.The question I wanna ask is: Whatever happened to reading the instruction manuals that come with the game? :S

Very true.The question I wanna ask is: Whatever happened to reading the instruction manuals that come with the game? :S

The excitement of getting the game ripping the disc out slamming it the disc drive, jumping up and down with excitementr as the new patch download forced my booklet to get lost somewhere into the blckhole that excists in my front room, plus i just wanna play the **** game lol

Wish i read it though prob would be helpfull ive had the game since december and am still finding things in the game i never knew before (H)

Can you please explain to me what exactly does this option mean and how can i use it?

1-Closing Down
2-tempo
3-Hold up ball
4-free role
5-use target man
6-use playmaker
7-show onto foot
8-target man supply
9-width

Please help

hes new just leave him, hes only asking for help

Still I can't get my captain to hold my meeting.
Nursemorph no teenager is going to sit and read the manual its a learning curve you do you want to do in the game.

1. Whether or not your players try and get close to the opposition just in their own half or all over the pitch.
2. How quickly the team plays.
3. The player keeps the ball until support arrives.
4. Gives the player freedom to basically do what they think is best.
5. Your players will look for a target man to pass the balls up to.
6. Playmaker is someone who dictates the passing/tempo.
7. Shows the opposition player onto a certain foot.
8. How you want the target man to receive the ball.
9. How wide your team sets up.

Thanx, u helped a lot. but FYI am a big fan of football since ever, and MAN UTD is my favorite team. the thing is i can't just predict what HOLD THE BALL mean just by reading it, i thought it's just makes the player dribble more, etc

But my main question was HOW CAN I USE THEM , like when to close down the whole pitch and when to use direct man etc.

The excitement of getting the game ripping the disc out slamming it the disc drive, jumping up and down with excitementr as the new patch download forced my booklet to get lost somewhere into the blckhole that excists in my front room, plus i just wanna play the **** game lol

Wish i read it though prob would be helpfull ive had the game since december and am still finding things in the game i never knew before (H)

I just get to the point where i want to yank it out the disc drive and throw it out the window, needless to say im fairly **** at the game

WOW, 13 posts and only 1 post with real help,

guys, if u don't wanna help why bather posting?

lol no offence, jus click the uninstall button

No OffenSe , this forum sucks and am just gonna google for another one

WOW, 13 posts and only 1 post with real help,

guys, if u don't wanna help why bather posting?

No OffenSe , this forum sucks and am just gonna google for another one
No need to spit your dummy out mate,Sean and Nursemorph's early replies told you everything you needed to know,there is nothing anyone could of added to that.You will be hard pushed to find a better FM forum than this one mate,i know because im a member of them all.