New notification just won't go away :(

craiigman

Reaction score
Bj1XiA2.png

UGR8CXU.png

But then when I click on anything there it just remains and doesn't go. I have noticed that "likes" don't show up there, maybe that's what the notification is for but I can't view it as it doesn't show up?

Ok thanks for reporting the issue. I'll take a look some point today and look at getting it fixed.

Bj1XiA2.png

UGR8CXU.png

But then when I click on anything there it just remains and doesn't go. I have noticed that "likes" don't show up there, maybe that's what the notification is for but I can't view it as it doesn't show up?

I think I've just figured out the problem...I had it too, but then I realised I had a new like - so after clicking on the 'Likes Received' part of my profile, it went away. Try doing that, it mightn't be the problem for you, but it's worth a try nonetheless!

The new notifications don't say what kind, so you need to search it. Likes are on your profile and you have to go there, which is not good.

Hope they fix this/put as it was

Agreed, I tried clicking on likes received but I still have 4 notifications which won't go away no matter what I do.

A quick fix is to click your name in the top right corner then click likes received in the list on the left. Hope that helps.

Bring back the new posts button please Sean :'(

The new notifications don't say what kind, so you need to search it. Likes are on your profile and you have to go there, which is not good.

Hope they fix this/put as it was

I've worked out how to fix it. I'll be putting the fix in place tonight.

A quick fix is to click your name in the top right corner then click likes received in the list on the left. Hope that helps.

Bring back the new posts button please Sean :'(

I'll bring back the Whats New links too. Don't worry pal.

I've worked out how to fix it. I'll be putting the fix in place tonight.

I'll bring back the Whats New links too. Don't worry pal.
Could you also look into the accents/symbols problem, too, please? When you type ? (pound sign) or an accent (such as ? - e acute accent), it displays it as a question mark. Sorry to go off-topic on this thread, by the way, but it's been bugging me a bit!

The notifications should now show a list of the different notification types again (Private Messages / Friend Requests / Likes). The likes notification count should also reset when you click the link.

I've also reintroduced the 'New Posts' link which can be found under the Forum link on the navigation bar.

Could you also look into the accents/symbols problem, too, please? When you type ? (pound sign) or an accent (such as ? - e acute accent), it displays it as a question mark. Sorry to go off-topic on this thread, by the way, but it's been bugging me a bit!

Yeah I'll look into the problem with the character encoding and see why it has suddenly started doing it.

Sean, when I access the site at work it looks like the below.View attachment 420384

Fix it!
I'm pretty sure that means there's a problem with the CSS, although that might not be the fault of the site - maybe there's something wrong with your workplace's internet connection/browser?