Byond

Reaction score
liverpool_fc_logo.png

"I don't think Roy is going to get us back into the big european stage.. we need someone with more.. uh.. ambition!" - Tom Werner, New Liverpool Owner

roy-claps.jpg

Liverpool boss resigns after meeting with new owners

SkySportsLogo-300x521.jpg

After a recent meeting with the new owners of Liverpool football John Henry and Tom Werner, Roy Hodgson has stepped down as Liverpool boss. Rumours are spreading about the reasoning of his resignation. Reports are suggesting that he resigned due to lack of transfer budget promised to him for the season ahead. Only Roy himself can tell us his true reasoning for resignation at the press conference soon to be held.

Press conference for Hodgson to announce official departure

hodgson_press_263.jpg

I've called this press conference to announce my official resignation from Liverpool Football Club and my reasonings. When I first took up this job I thought I could form Liverpool back into a Champions League team, I thought I would be given plenty of time to do this, but with the new owners being brought in they have announced their ambitions and felt I wasn't the right man for the job. Essentially I was hired as a "caretaker" for this club which I find outrageous.. but life goes on and I hope to find a new club sooner rather then later, but only if it's the right club for me.
- Roy Hodgson, former Liverpool boss.

What have you thought about your time at Liverpool?
- Reporter, Sky News.

Liverpool has been a learning curve for me, managing a big club with big expectations is something I never really came across at Fulham. Liverpool has been good to me for the .. short.. time I've been here. I can't say I really regret taking up the job,it has been fun and I thank the fans for their trust throughout my time, and the players for performing consistantly throughout my reign as Liverpool boss.
- Roy Hodgson, former Liverpool boss.

Have you had any call-ups from other clubs?
- Reporter, Goal.com

As I expected. Yes, I have received a few call-ups from clubs but I am keeping my options well open and as stated before am looking for the right club for me. Seeing as this press conference seems as if it's going to turn into rumours and such I believe it's time to call an end to this meeting, thankyou for being here and listening, and I apologise to any Liverpool fans this may upset, but in the end it wasn't my choice.

Last edited:
Werner wastes no time in appointing manager
alan-harper.jpg

Before rumours even began to spread, reports are out saying that new liverpool owner Tom Werner has already appointed a new manager. Australian-born Hamish Paxton is an unknown manager who was scouted by Liverpool touring Australia. Paxton had managed to steer his local club to success 3 years running, remaining unbeaten in all 3 seasons with an ever changing team. It is believed that Paxton is a very defensive manager and if his defense is not water tight, no matter the result, he is unhappy.

John and myself are very proud to announce our newly appointed manager Hamish Paxton from Australia. Hamish has done wonders in Australia with his local club. He appears to be the right man, with the right ambitions for the job and for that reason we have signed him up until June 2012 with a contract worth 25 thousand pounds per week.
- Tom Werner, Liverpool owner

Paxton's First Press Conference

You sit here as the new manager of Liverpool. Is this your dream job?
- Reporter, The People Magazine

I am absolutely delighted to be hired, it is a dream come true and I promise and guarantee to live up to the owner's expectations, and even exceed them.
- Hamish Paxton, New Liverpool boss

New managers often bring about times of upheaval and some of the club might fear for their jobs. Will there be many changes?
- Reporter, KiCK! Magazine

I will undertake a complete evaluation of the staff and I will make any changes I deem necessary, so yes expect a fair amount of changes behind the scenes. After all I am the beginning of a new era here at Liverpool Football Club.

You arrive at the club as a replacement for Roy Hodgson, who was unable to bring success to this famous club. Do you feel that you are the right man to finally bring trophies back to Anfield?
- Reporter, KiCK! Magazine

Well, I wouldn't have accepted the job if I felt I was going to fail at this club now would I? Of course I expect to bring success to this club and I promise all the fains and the owners that trophies will be brought back to Liverpool. No need to ask such silly questions, Roy was merely a stepping stone for this club and now it's my turn to actually bring success and trophies.

What can we expect from you in the transfer market, will you be bringing in many new faces to the club or keeping it as is? Will you splash the cash or look for the bargains?
- Reporter, The Liverpool Echo

As with the backroom staff I think it's safe to say I will be making some substantial changes to the squad, both selling and bringing in players. There will be plenty of new faces before the season starts which I believe will bring this club success. As for the price, it all depends. I will find the right players and the price will not change my opinion of them, whether they are expensive or a bargain I will attempt to sign them, if they are the right player. Also, I only have time for one more question so make it count.

What would you say would be your tactical approach to the game?
- Reporter, The People Magazine

Good question, I myself think that games are won from the back, not the front. If you keep a clean sheet you are guaranteed at least one point. 1 goal in your favour and it's 3 points as long as you keep a clean sheet. So right from the word go I will look to tell my players that it is their defensive performances that count, not the goals. The goals will come naturally with a solid defence.

Last edited:
SkySportsLogo-300x521.jpg

Paxton starts overhaul, Sammy Lee sacked
sport-graphics-2008_697104a.jpg

In shock news, Liverpool assistant manager Sammy Lee has been sacked. Many Liverpool fans have hit out at the new manager and are already starting to disagree with Paxton's "brutal" approach to such a famous and sturdy football club.

I have no idea what these new owners think they're doing bringing in such a relentless manager. Sammy Lee has been solid as ever for the 3 years he's been here and I have no idea why Paxton has decided to give him the sack. Outrageous I say.
- Liverpool fan

Rumours are flying around as to a replacement for the former Bolton Wanderer's manager.

The jobless Steve Clarke, Colchester United assistant manager Joe Dunne and Huddersfield assistant manager Terry McDermott are the top 3 candidates to take the job as Paxton's right hand man. It is suggested that the replacement will be made publicly announced this very same day. We will have it here first on Sky Sports News.

Joe Dunne announced as Liverpool Football Club assistant manager
0,,10424~3164372,00.jpg

Joe Dunne has been selected as the new Liverpool assistant manager following Sammy Lee's sacking, there have been no words from Joe as it is believed he has wanted to settle in as hassle-free as possible without any problems. There is no idea of how Liverpool fans will react to this, but they should not be surprised as Paxton did announce he would be making a lot of changes. It is also believed that many other backroom staff have also been replaced, such as scouts and physios.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Liverpool sign Darren Bent
3047292173-soccer-barclays-premier-league-sunderland-v-chelsea-stadium-light.jpg

Liverpool have made a shock signing of Darren Bent, showing that Paxton is not afraid to splash the cash. The former Tottenham Hotspur striker cost Liverpool a large sum of 18 million pounds but it is suggested that most of this money will be paid over a substantial amount of time. Darren Bent scored a total of 24 goals last season and this feat was recognised by England boss Fabio Capello and earnt him England international caps. Bent, 26 is expected to be the much-wanted partner for Fernando Torres, Liverpool's star man.

In other news Maxi Rodriguez has made his way to Spain and has signed for Sevilla for a sum worth roughly 4.5 million pounds.

Was this a wise transfer by Paxton, leave your comments by texting 043SKYSPORTS or sending us a tweet @SKYSPORTS!

Last edited:
good signing..hopefully he can help liverpool win everything :)

Pre-Season & Transfer Wrap
A poor pre-season has the fans on Paxton's back

I agree with all our fans.. our pre-season has been sub-par. The embarassing 3-0 loss to Preston and the 2-2 draw with Dundee have especially aggrevated me and I have made sure the players know this. Despite all the negatives I am pleased with our win over MyPa to advance into the 4th qualifying round for the Europa League, keeping a clean sheet over both legs as well. I have tightened up training and made them work extra hard for the next week leading up to our game at West Ham. I look for a solid result against the Hammers as they are definitely no pushovers, and I respect Avram Grant.
- Hamish Paxton, Liverpool manager

Liverpool boss active in the transfer market

IN'S
Michael Bradley - 7.5m from Borussia Monchengladbach
Roderick Miranda - 1.5m from Benfica
Cedric Bakambu - 3.4m from FC Sochaux-Montbe
Darren Bent - 18m from Sunderland
Ivan Rakitic - 6.2m from FC Schalke
Gaby Mudingayi - 6.5m from Bologna
Hugo Rodallega - 5m from Wigan Athletic
Lucas Zen - 1.2m from Botafogo
Antonio Barragan - 1.8m from Valladoid
Lenny Nangis - 1m from Stade Malherbe Caen

OUT'S
Maxi Rodriguez - 4.3m to Sevilla
Ryan Babel - Loan (Fee 230k) to West Ham
Dirk Kuyt - 4.5m to Sunderland

Great choice of journey mate, turning around Liverpools fortunes will be a mammoth task, hope you can do it!
I will be following ;)

West Ham United v Liverpool FC
Saturday, 14/8/2010
Upton Park, London

It was new manager Hamish Paxton's first real test in charge of Liverpool, travelling down to London to take on the Hammers. Despite all the new faces that Paxton had brought in it seemed to be a fairly similar line-up to last season featuring Gerrard, Torres, Lucas, Poulsen, Meireles, and the first choice back four. The only real changes were up-front with new 18million pound signing Darren Bent and former Wigan Athletic striker Hugo Rodallega leading the line for the Reds.

After a few wasted chances by West Ham it was in the 20th minute when the deadlock was broken at Upton Park, new signing Darren Bent worked his way into the box and struck the ball viciously into the bottom corner, past the helpless Robert Green.
1-0 to Liverpool thanks to a debut goal courtesy of Darren Bent!

A number of chances went to each side, but none of real note before the referee blew the half-time whistle, both teams went into the changing rooms. Liverpool the happier side, leading West Ham 1-0 thanks to a classic Darren Bent goal, already looks the goods for Paxton's side!

Just minutes after the restart, Scott Parker attempted a 1-2 with Behrami before Bent snatched the ball and took it down the wing, cutting inside, Bent charged into the box only for Tal Ben-Haim to bring him down. PENALTY TO LIVERPOOL!

Guess who was going to take it? Darren Bent placed the ball down on the spot, stepped up and forced the ball into the bottom right corner, sending Robert Green the wrong way. That's a brace on his debut! What a game Bent is having!
2-0 TO LIVERPOOL!

The last goalmouth action would occur at the 60th minute, Raul Meireles picking up a loose ball and threading an inch perfect pass to Darren Bent who took it superbly, worked himself some space and placed the ball past the onrushing Robert Green. Darren Bent completed a historic hat-trick on debut for the reds! The fans must be loving him!
3-0 TO LIVERPOOL!

In Liverpool's other match this week, they took on Red Star in the Europa League 4th Qualifying round and secured a 3-0 win thanks to goals from Darren Bent, Ivan Rakitic and a wonderful free kick from Christian Poulsen.

I am very pleased with our performance this week, especially Darren Bent's performance for the 2 games this week. He only played 1 and a bit games and managed to bag 4 goals, notably the 3 against Sunderland which was a fantastic effort by Bent.The whole team has played marvelously this week and I am glad they kept a clean-sheet with 2 solid wins. I hope the boys keep it up as we play Wolves next who are no easy beats and we will have to work for the win.
- Hamish Paxton, Liverpool boss