"New" players appearing on player comparison list

LuizMello

Reaction score
My apologies if this is a banal issue. I have tried to search for an answer, but cannot find it on forums or on the web.

When I go to the player comparison tab, and select my team's player list, I notice there are four "new" players, which aren't signed by the club (nor even for trial).

All these four players are goalkeepers, and all of them are between 16 and 17 years old.

There hasn't happened any youth intake this season yet either (and the youth intake predicted date is one month or so away).

Also, none of them are regens (or, at least, they don't appear to be).

I can check these players' data (only overview, stats, comparison) and they appear to be fully fit, despite never appearing in match.

Apparently, I can offer them contracts.

Any idea of why this happens?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
The first thing that comes to my head is the grey-out players.

You get them when you dont have enough players to field a first XI normally. They should be pretty terrible, as they are just their so you can field a full squad

The first thing that comes to my head is the grey-out players.

You get them when you dont have enough players to field a first XI normally. They should be pretty terrible, as they are just their so you can field a full squad

Thank you for your reply.

Not the case here, though. My U-20 squad already has 4 goalkeepers, one of them a hot prospect I have signed.

These "new" players don't even appear in my squad list (not greyed-out, or any other way). They just appear in the attribute comparison tab, more specifically when I select my team's name from the menu.

If I select one of them (in the comparison tab), I can then click on their names and go on to their profiles. Their profiles are coloured with my team's colors, as if they belonged to the squad (one to the senior squad, one to the reserves, and two other to the U20s). But *none* of them are under contract.

Nor they are accessible from anywhere else, other than the attribute comparison tab. They don't appear in my squad lists, for example.