ManUTD_Ftw

Reaction score
I am new to Football Manager and i wanna know if once loads of players retire does the game start to generate new palyers for the U18 squads and other things or do the players just carry on playing and playing afer 15 seasons so Van der sar keeps on playing until 60!!
If it does generate new players how often does it generate them?

It generates players called regens, they are totally random, after ten years the game basically runs on regens

The game makes new players, 'regens', at certain points in the year in different countries, check the regen dates thread for specifics on when.

It generates players called regens, they are totally random, after ten years the game basically runs on regens
Well, they are not completely random. The game will try to give them attributes appropriate to their position. There is no need for a CB to have good finishing for example. However sometime you may need to retrain a regen in a more suited position.

;)
Well, they are not completely random. The game will try to give them attributes appropriate to their position. There is no need for a CB to have good finishing for example. However sometime you may need to retrain a regen in a more suited position.

Yeah well they are random within reason :p

Meh, on a thread I saw an awesome striker, but he was naturally a CB!

That's why they need to be retrained, just like in real life: Dion Dublin springs to mind.

True, notable players include Gerad Pique DM, to DC, Bale LWB, to AML, you could say Smith but he wasn't a youngster.