New position training - help save a poor regen's career!

Reaction score
View attachment 446623

Amazingly, this guy hasn't made a single competitive appearance in his career! However, he has pretty decent attributes, but no one will sign him as he is a sweeper (he was signed for ?4.7 million by Spurs in 2015). I, however, am determined to make something of him, but don't know what position he would be best suited to. Could anyone give me any ideas?

I play a 4-4-2 diamond with no wingers if that helps. I was originally considering CB, but his size may hold him back.

Last edited:
He would be a great fullback if it wasn't because of his dribling and crossing. I'm not sure he would fit into your system though. If you are playing a narrow diamond, I'm guessing you depend on your fullbacks offensive capabilities for width? If the wages he require are quite low, maybe you could bring him in as a defensive alternative to the right-back position?

CM, box to box/BWM, can also be trained as DM.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Don't often see players who can only play SW. His adaptability might be low so training him in a new position may take time.

I would go with a defensive full back. His numbers would make a good ball winner but he is a little small for my liking.

His stats aren't too good for a DM or BWM(because of his height) but he's got awesome acceleration, team work and work rate, has decent technical stats for Box to box.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't play him as a DM/BWM, heading and tackling aren't great, very poor jumping and he's short.

Retraining him as a right wing back because of his pace and average defensive attributes, or box to box due to the solid mentals.

He's a full back and a disruptive midfield in a pinch (if your running low on midfielders)