awalker14

Reaction score
So after weeks and weeks of working on my pep project i finally released the tactic: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...la%92s-barcelona-tactic-2010-2011-tactic.html

So i decided since Bayern are having an record season then why dont we do an Bayern project? Well anyway iv been looking all over the Internet and i cant seem to find much detailed information on how Bayern munich play!

Soo if you can find any information on this then please let me know:)

Last time I saw them it seemed to me like a 4-2-3-1 playing with 2 Fullbacks 2 Dms 2 inside forwards robben right wing ribery left , muller CAM and Gomez striker with ribery and robben swapping every so often ! They seem to play a balanced style well organised just like the German national team ! Don't know if this'll help or not

This is how Bayern have set up this season, and that was their strongest line up. Ribery, Kroos and Muller have all been fantastic

This is how Bayern have set up this season, and that was their strongest line up. Ribery, Kroos and Muller have all been fantastic

Yeah, when ive seen them play its more like a 2-3-2-2-1

something like this

gk
cb cb
wb dm wb
cm
if acm if
st

Saw them Friday, a comfortable away win to the Wolves
Mandzukic fits in more than Gomez. Gomez may be the better poacher but Mandzukic more mobile and probably slightly better dribbling. Also Jupp Henyckes has realised Robben takes away more than he gives to the team, Muller working much better there on the right. If you want two IF's then Shaqiri is decent at the beggining of the game and improves significantly.

Also some statistics I saw was that they had the second highest short pass rate and amount of short passes made in the top 5 leagues of Europe. Also they were roughly 7 in terms of long balls made and completed. So they like to play both styles of football at the same time.
They're playing tonight so you could watch the game to get a good understanding of how they play.

Also some statistics I saw was that they had the second highest short pass rate and amount of short passes made in the top 5 leagues of Europe. Also they were roughly 7 in terms of long balls made and completed. So they like to play both styles of football at the same time.
They're playing tonight so you could watch the game to get a good understanding of how they play.

I will be watching and recording and watching again lol

Last time I saw them it seemed to me like a 4-2-3-1 playing with 2 Fullbacks 2 Dms 2 inside forwards robben right wing ribery left , muller CAM and Gomez striker with ribery and robben swapping every so often ! They seem to play a balanced style well organised just like the German national team ! Don't know if this'll help or not

I know the basic formation and stuff but im not quite sure how deep they play or which players make which runs where ect ect

Alaba makes alot of runs and overlaps Ribery when he cuts inside. Muller sometimes stays wide right but often moves into the right centr channel, like a strikers position. Lahm never goes forward when Robben is playing because he will never track back to cover for him. Lahm will venture forward sometomes though when someone more team-aware is playing.

And Manuel Neuer thinks he is a sweeper keeper and tries to do dangerous things with the ball at his feet! :p

They are playing tonight but they might change their approach slightly playing away in a Champions league knockout game, maybe eyes on the second leg or something.

Alaba makes alot of runs and overlaps Ribery when he cuts inside. Muller sometimes stays wide right but often moves into the right centr channel, like a strikers position. Lahm never goes forward when Robben is playing because he will never track back to cover for him. Lahm will venture forward sometomes though when someone more team-aware is playing.

And Manuel Neuer thinks he is a sweeper keeper and tries to do dangerous things with the ball at his feet! :p

They are playing tonight but they might change their approach slightly playing away in a Champions league knockout game, maybe eyes on the second leg or something.

Bayern's third goal yesterday =)

Kroos, when playing as an attacking midfielder, drops deep next to the other two midfielders quite often.He does seek space in between the lines, but very rarely makes runs into channels. Also both defensive/central midfielders are allowed to go forward, but the other stays to cover him.

Kroos, when playing as an attacking midfielder, drops deep next to the other two midfielders quite often.He does seek space in between the lines, but very rarely makes runs into channels. Also both defensive/central midfielders are allowed to go forward, but the other stays to cover him.

THIS IS GOOD THANKS! im just about to study the game now:)

Things im looking for:
how direct they play
How deep they play
movement of each player to the best i can
area they shoot from how many people get into box ect ect

Maybe Robben learnt a valuable football lesson after spending some time on the bench. You have to work if you want to play. That was the best team based performance I've seen from Robben since he joined.

THIS IS GOOD THANKS! im just about to study the game now:)

Things im looking for:
how direct they play
How deep they play
movement of each player to the best i can
area they shoot from how many people get into box ect ect

Well, actually Bayern likes to mix things up with all of these things really. Generally they play a short passing game, but that is often combined with longer passes switching the play and quick counters. You could try to use short passing, but allow some creative players have a more direct passing (Martinez and Schweinsteiger at least).

Bayern are very possession orientated (second highest avg. possession in Europe's top 5 leagues) but are also very deadly on the counter. Maybe quite low mentalities but tick the counter attack box? Or then you can consider making 2 versions, one for more control based approach and the other for (a bit) more direct, counter attacking tactic.

Same thing with their pressing. They work extremely hard to recover the ball after losing it but also work hard to drop back into defense if required. This is hard to create to the tactic, it is mainly up to the players and especially their work rate attribute. High-ish defensive line I think, Neuer often comes to sweep up through balls. Unfortunately the sweeper keeper role in FM isn't very good.

Ribery and Robben are a bit different compared to Müller. The first two get the ball into their feet and start dribbling and cutting inside while the latter makes more supporting off the ball runs. Bayern also shoot outside the box much more than e.g. Barcelona. Kroos has a very good shot, as does some others also.

Well, actually Bayern likes to mix things up with all of these things really. Generally they play a short passing game, but that is often combined with longer passes switching the play and quick counters. You could try to use short passing, but allow some creative players have a more direct passing (Martinez and Schweinsteiger at least).

Bayern are very possession orientated (second highest avg. possession in Europe's top 5 leagues) but are also very deadly on the counter. Maybe quite low mentalities but tick the counter attack box? Or then you can consider making 2 versions, one for more control based approach and the other for (a bit) more direct, counter attacking tactic.

Same thing with their pressing. They work extremely hard to recover the ball after losing it but also work hard to drop back into defense if required. This is hard to create to the tactic, it is mainly up to the players and especially their work rate attribute. High-ish defensive line I think, Neuer often comes to sweep up through balls. Unfortunately the sweeper keeper role in FM isn't very good.

Ribery and Robben are a bit different compared to Müller. The first two get the ball into their feet and start dribbling and cutting inside while the latter makes more supporting off the ball runs. Bayern also shoot outside the box much more than e.g. Barcelona. Kroos has a very good shot, as does some others also.

Do you have an email address? because ill make a quick base tactic using things that have been mentioned and maybe you could you could help me design it:)?