New Red Dwarf

TheHig

Reaction score
who seen it ? what you think of it ?

I liked it, good see Red Dwarf back one of the great english comedies.
I feel the studio Laughter missing is not a good thing, the show does not feel the same without it, still awesome though

i watched it yea, used to love the older ones when i was a bit younger. this one didnt exactly have me wetting myself but i did laugh out loud a few times and as with 3 part things you have got to give it some time to warm up as it was just laying the ground work

i do think its a good show though, good to see it back

Had no idea it was back :O, Loved it years ago so will need to find it somewhere

it will get repeated to death on death, so just keep an eye out for it

They did one show (that I remember specifically but might of been more) without canned laughter and it just wasn't the same. It's just that silence after a joke when its just them talking needs filling, other shows use voice overs or studio laughter or is quicker paced/action comedy rather than verbal (would give example from last nights show but won't spoil it). Hopefully they use it in future shows.

Yeah watched it last night. First thing I noticed was the lack of laughing. Just wasn't the same, although that new hologram is nice :)

I can't watch it as I don't have access to Digital TV :'(. Oh well, I'll have to wait till June when it comes out on DVD (Starting the countdown!)

part 2 and part 3 were fantastic, they have not lost there touch, was as good as ever, really smart storyline on this one.
Some more emotion than useaully about Dave and kochansky added in but did not spoil the red dwarf feel.
Excellent 3 parter special from Brtians finest comedy, wish they had done a full season, they all still have the talent to do one, writers and the actors.

Saw part one, was pretty ****, cant belive id actually miss a laughter track.

yeah your right big mistake to not add the laughter track.

massive red dwarf fan an wasnt impressed by it at all

I thought it was quite good but nothing compared to the originals

I though it was good enough and fitted in, if that episode happened in 1998 I think it would have been accepted as one of the classic red dwarfs.
Hoping for a new season, they said its still possible on the cards ;)