Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering in FM11 can you get new rivalries during the course the game?

Like say for example if Port Vale went to the Premiership and started playing against the top 4 teams and beat them a few times and beat them in the FA Cup, Champions League knock out stages and such, would after a couple of seasons one of those teams would show up as a rival in the information screen?

I'm just curious cause it would be interesting to get new rivals.

Sorry if this thread has been done before.

Reaction score
Sort of. If you trash talk opposing teams enough they will become a rival, AFAIK. Hopefully something more concrete will be in FM12, now that we have dynamic league reputation, dynamic rivalries seem to be a obvious choice as a new feature.

Edit: @ metropolisCZ - I actually already suggested it in that thread. Check the top of page 2 ;)

Last edited:
B

Blynd1

Hope they make this better on FM2012... And add some stuff to the fans aswell... Like a bit more importance!