Taral

Reaction score
I'm looking for a "new Roy Keane" for Manchester United, 'cause I think this team needs a true warrior and captain. Have anyone found a similar player?

Scotty Parker is the first name that springs to mind but I don't know if it would be possible...

Gennaro Gattuso is the closest to Roy Keane in the game IMO.

Gaby Mudingayi - Bologna
Maroune Fellaini - Everton (work on his tackling, marking)
Angelo Palombo - Sampdoria
Jeremy Toulalan - Malaga

What more of a warrior could you want then Phil Jones mate. Keano was more of a box to box midfielder when he played for united, so If you want someone in that mold, Jack Rodwell would be my shout. I think United's more pressing problem is finding 'the new Paul Scholes', For that I would recomend Eden Hazard, seeing as you have to pay 40 million plus for Mario Gotze

Thanks Raikan, I've been looking for younger players though. ;P

JVUnited - I don't know if it is possible to replace Scholes. There is no player with similar vision and passing. The next problem is that United don't have such money in the beginning.

Josuha Guilovgui, Vincent Pajot, Ezequeil Cirigliano, Casemiro, Rithely, Juan Forlin, Jan Verthonghen, Toby Alderweireld

Arouca is very good also in the role ;)

I know what you mean Taral, its going to be hard, but Fergies done it before. I know Fletchers good but I still dont think weve replaced Keane yet, really miss that midfield general.

Some times you just have to accept that a certain player comes along with qualities no man can match. There are many players classed as world class today, but compared to Zidane, Gullit, Beckenbauer, etc, who can ever replace those players? Keane's the same. You have to understand that world players are replaced with every passing generation, but a Pele, Maradonna, etc, will never be replaced and it would be madness to think you could find another one like them, when so far, none like them has since been.

ALL OF THEM IS ****- THE NEW KEANO IS RADJA NAINGGOLAN FROM CAGLIARI.... RADJA FTW

you cannot replace keane mate but make jones the for front of you team he is a great CM ball winning mid then you can buy or even train pogba and morrison to replace scholes what is the point in wasting money on gotze and hazard when you have 2 great youngsters at the club, even if you have to waste a season re-train rooney for cm..... then look for a forward because rooney is the only player that can replace scholes... but it depends if you want to waste a season and let rooney and jones get a great cm partnership in cm ........... but you will have to buy a new ST which is easier and cheaper to buy a st than a scholes cm

@jord2009 I don't think either Pogba or Morrison have enough potential (btw, Morrison never reaches his best).

@isiyfa I've seen Radja - kind of a butcher.

Asking for who could be the next Roy Keane is the same as when you're asking about who could be the next Paul Scholes, a simple questions yet was f#cking hard to answer :p
They are irreplaceable. A box to box midfielder was a position that was so rare these days therefore it would be pretty hard to find a good one, but i think Yann M'villa was good enough although i think he is still far away to be considered as the one who could be the next Roy Keane :p

Last edited:
the player i always go for when im looking for a young DMC/CM is Casemiro....the guys amazing! that is all :D

@jord2009 I don't think either Pogba or Morrison have enough potential (btw, Morrison never reaches his best).

@isiyfa I've seen Radja - kind of a butcher.

I'm sorry but with the right training and a bit of game time, they will be great more so pogba, if you dont use them then you may aswell just but youngsters that are ready made which makes the game boring !! its more of an accomplishment from getting a youth player into the first team and him becoming WC

Stop talking about Roy Keane/Alf Inge Haaland!

This thread has nothing to do with it.

Closed for tidying.

Edit: Re-opened. Stay on topic or be infracted.

Last edited:
Gaby Mudingayi - Bologna
Maroune Fellaini - Everton (work on his tackling, marking)
Angelo Palombo - Sampdoria
Jeremy Toulalan - Malaga
If you're looking for a CDM/CM then I second Fellaini, I signed him for United in my second season and he's been an absolute beast at protecting my back four and linking up my midfield and attack.