new rules for fa cup

Keep it please, when Crawley beat United, you'll see what the FA Cup does for us :p

Same format please FA :)

i think they shoudnt change anything and if anything remove replays as they are slightly annoying

lets face it.. the big teams dont seem to care for either cup tbh else they wouldnt rest people and priotise them for europe and the league

Everyone takes the FA Cup seriously it is the League cup thats not taken as a big thing.

Don't think its worth talking about unless some proof of this actually arises

Are Bruma, van Aanholt, Turnbull, Benayoun, Sturridge and Kakuta your first eleven players?

We played a lower league team at home. You play your reserves in the League Cup not the FA Cup. Look at the side we put out at Everton.

Both cups have been for the reserves/ non starting first teamers... look at teamsheets over the past 5 years for big clubs.. they dont consider it a serious cup.. this season has been alot better with team selections but apart from that its for reserves/ non starting first teamers

We played a lower league team at home. You play your reserves in the League Cup not the FA Cup. Look at the side we put out at Everton.
Cool story, but you didn't play Everton in the Carling Cup. You were saying that Carling Cup isn't a reserve cup.

Cool story, but you didn't play Everton in the Carling Cup. You were saying that Carling Cup isn't a reserve cup.

No i said the FA Cup wasent for reserves. But just looking back i realise he said League Cup sorry.

Everyone takes the FA cup seriously. Cant wait until Saturday, going to Birmingham !

I think getting rid of replays would actually be a good idea. I think it would lead to more shocks and giant killings as it is incredibaly hard for a lower league team to play out of their skin twice against big teams.

They were debating this on talksport and they argued that the games should also go straight to penalties if it is a draw after 90 mins as it would be the easiest way for smaller clubs to get a result. I guess it would add more drama to the games.

FFS they're basically making another league cup.

Only change I agree with is replays, hate them.

Love the FA cup. I think fellow supporters that support lower league teams will agree with me that it's great watching your team have a real go at the big teams. The leeds - Man Utd game last year pretty much summed up why the FA cup is such a great competition. It is a real possibility that lower league teams can knock out the big teams and it's great fun to watch, even for neutrals.

As a Chelsea fan I love the FA Cup whatever players we put out!!
It's annoying that the England game on Wednesday clashed with the replays so next weekend is a mixture of 4th and 5th round games!!
Maybe no replays would help England as there would be less games & fatigue in the summer?

I'd keep it exactly the same ****** way!

Although, the only one thing i would change is something like this, like they do in Germany:-

Manchester United Vs Barnet
Manchester City Vs Derby
Chelsea Vs Aldershot

As you can see, Barnet, Derby and Aldershot have been handed tough trips to top premier league ties, how ever, if it was drawn like this, i would have the Lower League team ALWAYS at home, to generate alot of money for the smaller club.
Take Crawley for example. They are a non league side in the 5th round. Would you rather get a trip to old trafford or play in your crappy 5,000 capacity stadium?

I see where you are coming from, but if Aldershot got drawn against a big team, i'd want it to be away, so I could go to the Man Utd/Chelsea/Wembely(;)) stadiums. Why would I want to watch a big team at home, also the bigger stadium generates more money, so you would make more away anyway.