Which club should I begin my new story at?

• Aston Villa

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Spurs in 2028 (Old Save)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 2019 (New Save)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Sheffield United

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Borussia Monchengladbach

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Hertha Berlin

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Journeyman

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

TheMaestro

Reaction score
Hello,

As you may've noticed I've been trying a number of different saves recently, my apologies for all of the various stories which have contained a minimal amount of posts. I've had failed adventures at Norwich, Real Betis, a Tier 10 Club and most recently Southampton and my saves which have been successful, Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund, have been largely kept personal before I posted a story and too much progress was made for me to properly get everyone caught up on them.

This time I have done a few pratice saves which a few teams and created a shortlist to vote, so that I can actually have a long running story and not trying to make myself enjoy a save but rather naturally just have fun with it. I'd like to point out that the most fun I have tends to be in the Premier League or Bundesliga and haven't really had success in other divisions, exact reasons why I cannot pinpoint.

I'll explain the poll options in more depth here:

1) Aston Villa - I did a trial save at Aston Villa and had a good amount of fun with it. The team played nicely, and I particularly enjoyed using the likes of Jack Grealish and Frederic Guilbert. I think they would be a good option in England as they would be a difficult first season challenge and a fun side to build up back into a better team.

2) Continue Spurs; change story format - If you have read my Tottenham story, you'll know that I am into my 8th season with Spurs and I have loved it every step of the way. I could carry that one but change it to a regular story format should people prefer that, however a fresh story may be better for a better knowledge of players and how the save has developed.

3) Restart Spurs - Another idea I had was to do another Spurs story, just restarting from the beginning, probably for a better story. I love managing Spurs every time but it depends if you would like to see me at the same club again, with a slightly different approach this time.

4) Sheffield United - The last Premier League option I had on this shortlist was Sheffield United. They are doing an incredible job in real life, but the challenge is incredibly tough on FM, meaning it would be a similar story to Aston Villa. Personally, I would probably lean more towards Villa, but would be open to both.

5) Borussia Monchengladbach - My first option abroad was to go and manage Borussia Monchengladbach. I think they have an interesting team and present a fun option to manage so would be willing to give them a go on FM and try to eventually win the Bundesliga with them and dethrone Bayern Munich.

6) Hertha Berlin - My second Bundesliga option was Hertha Berlin. They were once a powerhouse and rebuilding their team is an option which does appeal to me. I think Monchengladbach is probably my preferred Bundesliga option, but similarly to Sheffield United, if you would rather see a story at Hertha Berlin then I would be open to that too.

7) Journeyman (starting in Brazil) - My last option is a Journeyman save. This is a completely different option to the rest but ultimately I think I'd be able to enjoy it. I have never managed in Brazil before on FM so it would be completely new for me, but eventually I would move clubs and try to climb to the top of the managerial hall of fame charts.

That's all of the options I think I would make a decent story out of, but if you have any other ideas, let me know. Thanks for reading!

Aston Villa have huge potential and I might be biased but my saves are always good when starting with Villa!

If you'd like me to delete any stories you're not going to proceed with, send me the names via DM and I'll close them for you :)

I'll let the vote run for one more day, but at the end of the first it is tied between Hertha Berlin and Sheffield United.

Poll Winners: Sheffield United
I will get a story up soon, thanks to all who voted.