appoxplayer

Reaction score
So, I've agreed a fee for Julian Brandt who has been transfer listed at Leverkusen, in his report one of the pros was that his wage demands would only be 15-33k. When I come to the contract discussions his agent wants 3.5m plus 180k for a rotation role with an additional raise to 200k after 20 games.

It's ridiculous especially when he's only on about 11k at Leverkusen, how can I lower his/other potential signings demands?

Last edited:
How old was the report? Because at the time he was scouted those might have been his expected demands, but they could have gone up since

How old was the report? Because at the time he was scouted those might have been his expected demands, but they could have gone up since

It was only from November, I scouted him as soon as he requested a transfer. Now it's the start of January and his agent's refused to carry on discussions so at this point there's no way I'm getting him in this window.

What team are you? Also how many teams are interested in him and who are they if any? These can all factor into the wage demands of a player. What is your highest wage for a player currently? What team status are you putting him on also?

What team are you? Also how many teams are interested in him and who are they if any? These can all factor into the wage demands of a player. What is your highest wage for a player currently? What team status are you putting him on also?

Arsenal 2nd season, I was the only club with a major interest and the role offered was rotation (which he was "very interested" in.) I think my highest earner right now is Ozil who wanted a rise to stay to about 210k as a key player. Just entered February now, just checked and he's still at Leverkusen, unhappy and transfer listed with me still being the only club with an interest in him.

Arsenal 2nd season, I was the only club with a major interest and the role offered was rotation (which he was "very interested" in.) I think my highest earner right now is Ozil who wanted a rise to stay to about 210k as a key player. Just entered February now, just checked and he's still at Leverkusen, unhappy and transfer listed with me still being the only club with an interest in him.

This is very strange indeed. I can understand as Arsenal he probably thinking can get more money out of you maybe up to 100k or something similar but that is close if not on par with key player status. From what I can gather it is probably more so the agent, does it say much under the agent he has. I suspect it is something to do with that.

I can't remember if it said anything at the time. I've just checked his profile and he's unfriendly towards me. He was after about £4m in the discussions as well which I didn't want to give him.

I guess I just have to hope he switches agents and is still unhappy in June.

Edit: I'm near the end of Feb now and he's been fined twice for missing training, I just hope he doesn't decline in the next 6 months or so.

Last edited:
Check the stats of the agent as well, he might just be a ****

It is likely the case that the agent is the problem, not the player. Try again in summer is all I can suggest.

I can only say that my experience tells me that it doesn't matter what wage a player gets in his current club he might demand 100 times more when you are trying to buy him

I remember I tried to buy some wonderkid that received 5K $ per week in his club and he demanded 150K $ per week :p

Perhaps you could try signing a good DOF (high motivating etc.) and put him in charge of handling contracts for incoming transfers, I've noticed my DOF manages to get wages and bonuses/clauses to half of what I could by negotiating, I sometimes even laugh at how cheap he manages to get players - just a thought, but well worth a try