New stadium complete but not playing in it?

Gazman90

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am manager of valencia and have been there for 3 years. I recently persuaded the board to build a new stadium, so the completion was 1 year which ended on 11.5.2018 and now i am into july. The blue bar is full but it still says planning. I also recently got the board to expand but they are expanding my current stadium and not my new one even though it should be complete.

Any help you can provide me would be great thanks!!.

On an unrelated note, pressing 'F12' takes a screenshot... much easier to see and upload than doing what you've done! :) (If you use a laptop like me, you will probably have to press the 'fn' key aswell, because otherwise the F buttons normally have other functions :))

Back to your question, I have seen this before, so you're not on your own, but don't think the person that had it found out the problem... it's probably a bug, and you can only hope it will sort itself in time. have you tried going back to a save just before it was due to be completed and continuing from there? Obviously you'd lose any data since then, so you need to decide :)

I haven't tried that, but good idea i might give it a go! Thanks.

From your screenshot it looks like you have only completed the planning for your new stadium, it isn't actually built yet which is why you haven't moved into it - and also why you have started planning (not building) an expansion to your existing stadium.

It's like when you ask to build better training facilities - planning it can take a year before anything actually starts being built.

Oh i see, it must be that then. Does it not say when it actually starts building?

From your screenshot it looks like you have only completed the planning for your new stadium, it isn't actually built yet which is why you haven't moved into it - and also why you have started planning (not building) an expansion to your existing stadium.

It's like when you ask to build better training facilities - planning it can take a year before anything actually starts being built.

But that bar is the overall completion of the stadium. At the start when planning, the bar will be almost empty, then after planning it will be about 1/4 full, then as the stadium gets closer to being built the bar will fill up :)

But that bar is the overall completion of the stadium. At the start when planning, the bar will be almost empty, then after planning it will be about 1/4 full, then as the stadium gets closer to being built the bar will fill up :)

Hmm ok, I thought you got one bar for Planning and then another for when construction starts - plus the Bar in the SS does only say "Build New Stadium Planning". Could be wrong though :).

Anyway, as Scotty already suggested, try going back to a previous save - just this time don't ask the board to expand it until you have actually moved in. Perhaps that caused some bug/confusion. (Or perhaps it hasnt actually been built, just planned, and the expansion request interrupted the construction start ;)).

Let us know :)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help guys, i asked for the expansion after the stadium was complete to see if it would start expanding the new stadium but started expansion on the Mestella instead :$. I guess ill just have to wait another 25 years to ask to build a new stadium :p.