Calz88

Reaction score
Ok I realise there's loads of these threads kicking about but this is my biggest gripe! Love the game always will but if I could just get a new stadium it would make everything that bit better!!
My current capacity is 12,500 I have been waiting to be able to ask for a new stadium(it was built in 2009)
I'm in 2030 the option to ask for a new stadium is now there, I have just won league two years in a row and European cup, but everytime I ask it says we feel the fan base will not grow!(So i reload so i dont lose the option to ask again)I have 4 feeder teams and 190m in the bank is there anything I can do???
Any help greatly appreciated!

What team are you? If they are located in a sparsely populated area the board may be correct in saying that the fan base will not grow so why bother expanding/building a new stadium.

These things are always difficult. In my experience, once the board has decided that the fan base won't grow, it is utterly tricky to persuade them otherwise. It's mainly a waiting game from there on, as as far as I know, there's no real way of speeding up the process or anything, sadly. Just keep growing and bringing in trophies.

St Neots not to sure where that is though!?

Edit about 40 miles north of London

Last edited:
Another thing does anybody think I am better off asking, and letting them
Decline and then waiting for the option to come round again? Or am I better off saving before I ask and reloading?

Im in a sort of similar situation except i just want to expand my stadium but the board wont let me even though we sold all our season tickets before the start of the season have plenty of money and constantly have the highest percentage of our stadium filled in the BPL. I personally dont save before i ask them but i might have to try that next time because they are just so stubborn.

I'm playing as Man Utd and i was getting 99% overall attendence for the season every year, i've won 11 Premier league titles in a row and 7 champions leagues. I was asking for a new stadium at every possible opportunity and finally at the start of the 2025/26 season they granted me Lowbridge park. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with balance as well as how much you are filling your stadium in all competitions

I'm in 2019 with Pompey, just won the league. Been asking for a new stadium and finally the board agreed! At first they said the fan base wasn't there, and after that they agreed to a new stadium but couldn't find the finding. Finally with 47m in the bank balance they agreed.

190m bank loan
Selling Fratton Park for 14m
50m stadium sponsor (over 10 years)

As you're in 2030 I would expect a new stadium soon, especially if you have 190m in the bank. I'm also assuming your clubs reputation is at least continental - with that reputation surely the fan base is there.

Also you didn't mention if your stadium is at full capacity or not - it's always cheaper to increase capacity, and the board won't build a newer stadium if the current one isn't at max capacity.

I'm in 2019 with Pompey, just won the league. Been asking for a new stadium and finally the board agreed! At first they said the fan base wasn't there, and after that they agreed to a new stadium but couldn't find the finding. Finally with 47m in the bank balance they agreed.

190m bank loan
Selling Fratton Park for 14m
50m stadium sponsor (over 10 years)

As you're in 2030 I would expect a new stadium soon, especially if you have 190m in the bank. I'm also assuming your clubs reputation is at least continental - with that reputation surely the fan base is there.

Also you didn't mention if your stadium is at full capacity or not - it's always cheaper to increase capacity, and the board won't build a newer stadium if the current one isn't at max capacity.

Yes it is at full capacity, is there a certain time of the season that's better to ask than at another??

To get a new stadium you need to get more trophies and get promoted. You need to be in a position where you are selling out literally every game. Also try and make money for the club. If you don't need to use all your transfer budget, don't use it. If you have any dead weight in the club sell them. Before you know it they will grant you a stadium. But you are more likely to get a stadium expansion though than a new stadium.

In my Man Utd save, ive been taken over by a Tycoon, £700mil in the bank and they wont even extend Old Trafford (is still original capacity) Ive won 2 leagues, 2 champs leagues and a few others in the last 2 years and they wont budge.

In my Man Utd save, ive been taken over by a Tycoon, £700mil in the bank and they wont even extend Old Trafford (is still original capacity) Ive won 2 leagues, 2 champs leagues and a few others in the last 2 years and they wont budge.

What reason do u give them for wanting to expand and are you constantly selling out aswell.

What reason do u give them for wanting to expand and are you constantly selling out aswell.

Would you believe it, just asked board again to see what they said for you and they've granted me an expansion. Thanx had given up asking haha.

In 2032 and still can't get a new ground! I have been through the planning but after the planning was complete nothing happened! Every single game I get sell outs and I have won prem, European cup and club world championship numerous times!