Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Sweden

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

bcfc1

Reaction score
After finally achieving my yearly dream of winning the Premier League and Champions League with my beloved Birmingham City, I am now looking for a new challenge. Like with most of my saves on FM, I will be looking to do it at one club and to try and take that club as far as I can.

While with Birmingham the only target is to win everything, once I start doing different saves I try and set myself challenges or limitations. I am looking to do a save in Europe in a 2nd/3rd rate country. I have narrowed down the countries to 5 and I am hoping you guys can try and narrow it down further by voting on what you would be interested in seeing posted on here.

Countries
1. Holland
2. Belgium
3. Austria
4. Switzerland
5. Sweden

To try and keep the save as realistic as possible as well I will be setting myself the following transfer restrictions

Transfers in
- Only one foreign signing per season. (A player with a different nationality to the country I'm in and currently not playing in that country as well.)
- All fees will be paid up front to not take advantage of fees over 48 months.
- Preferably no loan deals but I will be more flexible on this one.

Transfers out
- For players over 21, I must accept any offer that is double their club value.
- For players 21 and under, I must accept any offer that is 3 times their club value.
- Players that are unhappy must be moved on in the next available window even if offers are not 2/3 times their value.

If you have any other suggestions for what rules I could put in place for myself to make it more realistic then message on this thread and I will consider adding them to my list.

I haven't decided what clubs I will choose in these countries as well so if you can drop some suggestions on this thread as well that would be great in helping decide who exactly I try and do this with.

I am hoping to start this story either Wednesday night or on Thursday so vote and give your suggestions before then and that may just decide what I go with.

Choose Belgium as they have some class clubs who produce amazing talent but traditionally haven't been as successful in European competitions.

Belgium or Holland would be cool in my opinion, or even RB Salzburg getting to Europe would be nice.

Austria for me, probably with Rapid, Austria's most successful team, and try to get the national team back to the level of "Wunderteam" of the 1930's.

Belgium for me as I don't recall ever seeing a save there

Thanks for all the votes and comments so far. It is joint at the moment between Belgium and Austria so if you want to share your opinion and vote then do so as that could change things.

I won't be starting the game tonight so I will leave this running until tomorrow evening when I am able to get onto the game again and then I will decide on what country to start in. If you have any suggestions on what teams to be in these countries then let me know. The only country on that list that I have ever managed in before is Holland and that was around 10 years ago when I had a go at the Pentagon Challenge so I don't know too much about the different clubs in all of these countries.

I will be looking to start this story soon and it looks as though Belgium are the choice country. If anyone has any recommendations on the club to manage there then let me know. It may end up being in one of the other countries still so feel free to recommend teams in other countries as well.