Benniewijs

Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to try a new tactic but before I do this I want some feedback if this tactic is possible to succeed.

I want use a system 2-3-4-1 or maybe 3-2-4-1 where I use to following positions:
GK , CB, CB, WBL, DM, WBR, AML, AMC, AMC, AMR, ST.

The main problem I see is the big gap between the defensive line and the offensive line. I can change this by moving the midfielders back, but I want to have a tactic that is very offensive and dominating.

Thanks for your advice.

Maybe move one of the AMC's back to DM, and have him as a deep lying midfielder linking up play. Or even in a MC position, asymmetric.

Hi All,

I want to try a new tactic but before I do this I want some feedback if this tactic is possible to succeed.

I want use a system 2-3-4-1 or maybe 3-2-4-1 where I use to following positions:
GK , CB, CB, WBL, DM, WBR, AML, AMC, AMC, AMR, ST.

The main problem I see is the big gap between the defensive line and the offensive line. I can change this by moving the midfielders back, but I want to have a tactic that is very offensive and dominating.

Thanks for your advice.

iv'e tried creating a similar tactic but it was unsuccessful, you right though with the gap between the defense and mids it leaves to much space for the opposition to exploit

I did something similar once and it worked quite well especially against similar or weaker opposition playing 4-4-2.
Mine was more like a 2-3-2-2-1 :)D) - CBd/CBd - WBL/DMd/WBR - MCs/MCa - AMLa/AMRa - STs.

Pushing the MCa higher up the pitch in AMCs position with an STa might also work but is VERY offensively oriented.
[edit]
You might want to include a possession based strategy.
[/edit]

When you construct and chose a formation, remember that its most of all the teams "defensive setup", their starting positions, so if using a too attacking formation, it will be easy for the opponents to put balls in behind your line of defence etc.

Push the DM/WBs up into midfield and the AM's up to the ST line for a proper old school 2-3-5 (H)

Herbert Chapman has a lot to answer for...