Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspian_Rho

Reaction score
Hi, in an ever desperate hunt to find SS templates, I finally decided I had no option other than to make my own. These are the templates I have so far for home and away (both in early stages) So any pointers or help/advice/pointers that any of you template makers could give would be much appreciated; Dec et al.

I know I've made things a little problematic with a perspective base, anyhoo, how's this lookin?

home-kit-template.png
away-kit-template.png

look not bad mate, got any example kits?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

oh and the shading is a bit off, but that shouldn't take long to adjust, like u can see shadows at the top and bottom, so it doesn't look right but still keep it going

those are the examples (H) lol the shadow on the away is prolly a little heavy. This is a very early stage, getting the base done and right is the objective. Perspective designs will be hard initially. Shading as in natural creases in the fabric?

I would say make it flat and an action as then it is a) easier to make and b) two different template packs for home and away. It isn't bad but to be fair not the best as your shadow is pretty bad and texture rough in places. Nice attempt though.

By the way what about third? I would say keep it as either conistent or flat templates with an action to do the tilting.

Thanks for the comments. I was considering doing a base in 3ds them importin it into CS as a 3d object and texturing it there. Then using a proper light filter back in 3ds. More work than is needed perhaps, wanted something more unique.

That action is a good shout though, saves a load of work. I take it when you say the texture is rough that it's the smoothness of shadow across? On closer inspection there are a few rough edges around the edges (lol).

I actually cloned the creases for what I thought to be a more natural crease, didn't pay much attention to flow and positioning though......... cool, back on it!!

I was lost as what to do on the third btw lol

Last edited:
The home is a lot better than the away, just stick with the home to be honest.

Nice idea, but the perspective style kits are tricky to make, you need to distort logos, kit styles, sponsors, and so on.

Nice idea, but the perspective style kits are tricky to make, you need to distort logos, kit styles, sponsors, and so on.

Hence why he makes them flat then does an action file.

Hence why he makes them flat then does an action file.

Still, IMO, fiddly, it's easier, and just as nice using SS, or Project Dummy etc, where its basically flat.

I'm still liking the 3ds max imported model idea. I kinda wanted to be more unique in whatever template I come up with. Like all the major templates can be associated back to whomever. And rather than spew out another deritive... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.