New to creating split leagues/ groups. Just need a few quick pointers

ObiJaap

Reaction score
So... I have been creating my own leagues for years. Nothing fancy, just the usual subdivision stuff. Not familiar with the advanced rules either.

No, i want to try a new thing, but i just need a few pointers for the right direction.

My idea is this:

We start the year with 8 groups of 6 teams. (The standard league) They play each other twice. After that, halfway the season, the top 3 teams from each group are sorted into a new group, 4 groups of 6 teams, the so called 'champions groups'. And the bottom 3 are going to the 'loser groups', also 4 groups of 6 teams. Once again, all teams play each other twice. (I'd like the points to be taken into the new groups if possible at all)

The winners of the Champions group play each other in a cup for the league title and direct promotion to the league above. (Just a single league) The bottom 2 from each loser groups relegate to the division below.

So. How do i even start?
Do i have to make 1 'parent league'? Do i need to make each phase a separate league? I have no clue at all.

I found a way to help you mate. I've been familiarising myself with the FM Editor and so I've come across this before.

First you have to create your competitions and make sure that you have a parent competition for all those competition.

Then you go in to the Rules Tab, Then Nation rules
make sure you have the add lower leagues option on if you are adding to an existing league, If it is a Completely new league
Then choose your nation, make sure it is the same nation as the league's

Then you'll want to go to the Divisions tab. and Click on add

View attachment 219127

Then click on the sub-divisions option

View attachment 219126

Click "Next - Select Competition" to Select you Parent competition

View attachment 219125

Once selected click "Next - Select Sub-Divisions"
Then click Add to add the division's that you have under you Parent Divisions

View attachment 219124View attachment 219123

Then click "Next - Settings" to edit the settings of the league. Don't worry about this you can edit this later. After you happy with the settings click Finish

View attachment 219122

Now this is the Important part. Go down to you division, click on the general tab and then click on the League menu option

View attachment 219121

Then go down and select League with Split

View attachment 219120

Then go down to new options present and now you can decide when you want the split to happen, what position does the split occur at and and how many rounds each split has.
View attachment 219119View attachment 219118View attachment 219117

To create a finals series or a playoff you can add on in this format or go into the advanced rules but you may come across this
View attachment 219116

Just edit the higher divisions level or your divisions level

If you need any more help, just ask​

Holy ****, thanks so much for all your effort. You're my new #1 friend.

I found a way to help you mate. I've been familiarising myself with the FM Editor and so I've come across this before.

First you have to create your competitions and make sure that you have a parent competition for all those competition.

Then you go in to the Rules Tab, Then Nation rules
make sure you have the add lower leagues option on if you are adding to an existing league, If it is a Completely new league
Then choose your nation, make sure it is the same nation as the league's

Then you'll want to go to the Divisions tab. and Click on add

View attachment 966501

Then click on the sub-divisions option

View attachment 966502

Click "Next - Select Competition" to Select you Parent competition

View attachment 966504

Once selected click "Next - Select Sub-Divisions"
Then click Add to add the division's that you have under you Parent Divisions

View attachment 966505View attachment 966506

Then click "Next - Settings" to edit the settings of the league. Don't worry about this you can edit this later. After you happy with the settings click Finish

View attachment 966509

Now this is the Important part. Go down to you division, click on the general tab and then click on the League menu option

View attachment 966510

Then go down and select League with Split

View attachment 966512

Then go down to new options present and now you can decide when you want the split to happen, what position does the split occur at and and how many rounds each split has.
View attachment 966514View attachment 966516View attachment 966517

To create a finals series or a playoff you can add on in this format or go into the advanced rules but you may come across this
View attachment 966518

Just edit the higher divisions level or your divisions level

If you need any more help, just ask​