New to FM and having a strange problem....someone please help!

Reaction score
OK so as the title says I'm new so I'm unfamiliar with the game. I started the game with Liverpool and I signed Ben Arfa and all of a sudden Countinho is telling me he is worried bout his place in the time and I told him he's in my first team plans. Now the strange thing is for some reason the game has started me on the 1st of January and all I have are the friendlies that I organised (which he plays) there's not a proper game until August and all of a sudden he hands in a transfer request. Does anyone have an idea how I can keep him happy I like him as a player and want him to stay! Thanks for any help and don't be too sarcastic if its something obvious :D

what leagues have yo got loaded up? i'm confused to why your game starts in jan? if you moved the start date to august he might stay as he'll be playing competitive football

OK so as the title says I'm new so I'm unfamiliar with the game. I started the game with Liverpool and I signed Ben Arfa and all of a sudden Countinho is telling me he is worried bout his place in the time and I told him he's in my first team plans. Now the strange thing is for some reason the game has started me on the 1st of January and all I have are the friendlies that I organised (which he plays) there's not a proper game until August and all of a sudden he hands in a transfer request. Does anyone have an idea how I can keep him happy I like him as a player and want him to stay! Thanks for any help and don't be too sarcastic if its something obvious :D

One of the leagues you selected at the start has a start date of January and the game must have chosen this league as the default league. You can choose the date you want to start before beginning a game, however there is nothing you can do now but wait and hope he changes his mind. Otherwise you will just have to start again.

You probably had it start at the Brazil seasons start date, you've thus started half way through a season giving you 7 months break. Restart and on the screen where you select the nations make sure the season start date is set to the English league.