TheT33nKid

Reaction score
Hello gentle-folks, I'd be looking forward to your replies. I've started playing this addictive game recently and so far have not achieved anything 'great' 'round here because of my lack of experience. Recently I've come up with a decent tactics for a new guy and it works well sometimes but shows some marks of inconsistency. Also I concede a lot. I tried to get over it but I couldn't as it affects the team morale. I just want some one to assist over this tactics and help to further improvise it! I would be really grateful if someone does it!
P.S - I'm not sure whether or not I'm posting it in the right place, I'm new, sorry if I make any mistakes

Tactics: https://www.mediafire.com/?m7469rz9hnz6t0d

Would be very grateful if someone assists me over this by improvising it! Cheers!

Regards

Just post a screenshot of the tactic or just type it all out with all of the info, including TIs. You also don't mention anything else? Who are you managing and where are they predicted to finish and where are you now in the table? What issues DO you have, specifically?

Okay, so this is the tactic in question.

View attachment 223612

It features an Attacking mentality, a very attacking formation, a very attacking role/duty setup and hail mary-type (very direct) TIs.

Wipe the tactic completely and start over. Use 'normal' formations that feature 3 or 4 defenders, not 2. Once you've decided on a formation, read this:

This is a very simple guide and a good start: How to Play FM: A Twelve Step Guide

Then a very good guide to get your role/duty setup sorted: Pairs & Combinations FM2015 - UPDATED

Finally, this one. It's long, but at the very least read the Team Instructions and Player Instructions part of it. Lines and Diamonds: The Tactician's Handbook for Football Manager 2015

START WITH NONE OR VERY FEW TIs. Only add them if you see you actually need them. People hurt their tactics more often than not by adding TIs that just don't make sense, before they've even seen the tactic in action.

Thanks for the reply, I was waiting for it before proceeding into the further explanations. I was typing a reply for your first question while your second message came up. I'd certainly be reading the links you've provided me with. Thanks man you're a great help. But here I'd like to show you some changes that I made to convert it from an attacking based gameplay to more of a balanced play!

So far I've only tested this tactics with top division clubs, United and City - as I'm a beginner...
I was using the formation 4-2-3-1 WB Wide, with both the wingers as an Inside forward. So they were not contributing much into the defense occurring at flanks. Also I was using the wing backs, which when provided the opportunity ran with the ball and aimed to cross subsequently.
This way I was scoring a lot, but was conceding a fair share too, costing me some matches.

So instead of a 4-2-3-1 with 2 DLP system I reformed it into a tactics with a DM. I changed the wide men's role to 'wingers'
and they're still proving to be a fortune for me contributing in attacks as well as the defense.
I also changed by wing backs to limited full back so that they could tackle more aggressively and close down much more. This way I've been conceding lesser goals and I'm content with it. So far the results are going by my side.

Link to the new tactics: https://www.mediafire.com/?k5aimwthxsj7ua8
Couldn't upload my match facts' pic or so because of some prohibitions, let's see...!

Cheers, mate!

Last edited:
Well, good to see you're doing better.

You probably need a few posts first before you can upload screenshots. Anyway, have a read through the links. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask here or in the author's threads.

Well, good to see you're doing better.

You probably need a few posts first before you can upload screenshots. Anyway, have a read through the links. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask here or in the author's threads.

Thanks for the great help, mate. Wasn't expecting such replies, not for an amateur like me :p
Anyway the guides look interesting, definitely gonna build up my knowledge around this game. Thanks, mate.

Thanks for the great help, mate. Wasn't expecting such replies, not for an amateur like me :p
Anyway the guides look interesting, definitely gonna build up my knowledge around this game. Thanks, mate.

The guides are great bud, once you've read them if you have any more questions don't be shy about asking, even if they seem stupid.

The guides are great bud, once you've read them if you have any more questions don't be shy about asking, even if they seem stupid.

Haha, certainly would. More questions = More doubts = More logic :3 Certainly wouldn't feel shy ;)