New to Football Manager...hi guys

Jatjr

Reaction score
Hello all,

Before Football Manager came into my life, I thought soccer wasn't interesting at all. The funny part is that I haven't really watch a soccer game. (still haven't currently but read on...) How on earth did I start to play Football Manager with that ignorant mentality? :p My father had his FM11 on steam. He was showing me all the features of the game. It was little interesting to me because I liked the idea of managing and NOT using my hands to win the game. (that became boring quick when I learned how to win the game NHL, NFL, or FIFA games on consoles) I liked the idea of managing players and watch them perform bad/good and try to use my tweaking ability to see them turn it around!

So...it was summer sales 2013 on steam...dreadful event our wallets fear so much...we both purchased the game. We started playing Icelandic league to learn how the Football Manager works. At end of third season, down to last match of the season. I was 3rd place and my father was 2nd place. Top 2 teams get promoted into Icelandic Premier league. 2 points difference between us, all I need was a victory to overcome him to get promoted. It was an exciting and gruelsome match for me. I lost largely thanks to 80 yards goal...my goalkeeper sure flopped major time at most critical match of the year! haha! So I got to see my father promoted into premier league....it was great and fun!

Now, we are both playing Blue Square league (England) feeling more confident how to play Football Manager. Doesn't look like any of us will get promoted this year but that's all good...fun and great game...

Football Manager made me love soccer...more than any other sports...made me realize how fun and awesome sport of soccer...I have to say, thank you for creating this game...it is the best game ever! :)

PS: I would love to watch soccer games...would like to know about any good free stream to watch sports? let me know!