robertozig

Reaction score
hello, i am new to LLM and basically needed alot of help, i usually manage teams in the prem or coca cola championship. i have decided to manage luton town. if anyone can help me in this section it would be appreciated, with no money i dont really know any good lower league players. any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Lower Leagues first. With managing Luton its quite simple. Get a few good players and play like you do in any other team. If you look around the "Site" you will pick up techniques in winning, signing players and raising money. Evan look at other peoples stories (Like Mine) and see what they use tactic wise and you should find your way from there.

In managing Dover, I've found that the most fundamental key to success is good signings on the free agent market. Make use of the filters when searching for free agents. Also, when in lower leageus (BSS/BSN/BSP and League 2 although to a lesser extent)speed is an important attribute, so try to find players who have a decent amount of speed.

Hope it helps and all the best with Luton :)

try loaning players in. have a strong defence and you should be fine.

cheers guys for the responses i forgot to save my game so im starting it today. i will take all of your advice and hopefull can get high achievements with Luton. As i said earlier thanks for the help really aqppreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

sorry to be a pain guys what tactic would you reccomend using?

Keep it simple - a rigid 4-4-2 usually does the trick. Don't give lower league players much creative freedom! You can choose either short or more direct passing, short to keep possession if you're a stronger team in your league or direct to counter attack quickly. :)

As djh1878 said, dont make it to confusing becasue non league players arnt that cleaver. Mr Hough's Tactic works well at every level. Give it a try !!

thanks again guys, i have just finished my pre-season had mixed results beating teams and loosing against the high reputation teams, i am really liking managing at this league its more interesting and takes more tome and effort. i have looked at my players and have actually created my own tactic with around 6 or 7 loaned players. for my forwards i have gone with the simple target man and poacher. hopefully my first part of the season goes well and i will keep you informed of my progress. anything i achieve with luton i will have you guys to thank for helping me out.

I agree with Michael. Mr Hough's tactic really gave me wonders but with a slight tweak. Have tried with my Rushden & Diamonds.

could you maybe give me a link to mr houghs tactic please as i thunk he has made alot. if you could it would be great thanks :)

Haha thats quite weird. In your OP, you said that you are new to LLM as you always play premier league or championship, and so you started with Luton, thats exactly the same as me. ;) And I came on this thread for help and I read that. :)

Last edited:
Haha thats quite weird. In your OP, you said that you are new to LLM as you always play premier league or championship, and so you started with Luton, thats exactly the same as me. ;) And I came on this thread for help and I read that. :)

lmao yeahh its quite a challenge if you are new to it just look at the responses the people above wrote as it has helped me massively, i only startes with luton because there the only team i no in the bsp :) if you start with luton, and use jp woodys tactic, sign obika (tottenham i think) on loan, and also matt richie (portsmouth i think), obika scores alot as a poacher, also matt richie is amazing at long shots he scored 2 from 40 yards out for me :), also get a good CB on loan i think i have got spence not sure , and also a LB on a free do that and it is really good, it is much better as you have to think about what your doing as you do not want to put the club at risk :) good luck with luton :D

cheers for the help guys, tought id let you know how im doin, had really good results, im top of the table, nearin end of december, aint had much time to carry on with it as been on holiday and away again this monday so. but thanks guys hopefuly i can stay top by the end of the season.

lmao yeahh its quite a challenge if you are new to it just look at the responses the people above wrote as it has helped me massively, i only startes with luton because there the only team i no in the bsp :) if you start with luton, and use jp woodys tactic, sign obika (tottenham i think) on loan, and also matt richie (portsmouth i think), obika scores alot as a poacher, also matt richie is amazing at long shots he scored 2 from 40 yards out for me :), also get a good CB on loan i think i have got spence not sure , and also a LB on a free do that and it is really good, it is much better as you have to think about what your doing as you do not want to put the club at risk :) good luck with luton :D
Thanks mate ;)

I got them players (Obika - he's an outstanding striker) and you are right about Ritchie, he's a fantastic player, scoring twice in 1 match, one an excellent 1v1 finish and the other a 30 yarder in the top corner.