Deovoultcha

Reaction score
In my quest to reconstruct the world in the editor, I have been looking to do the following to nations and their people:

Lump together all Oceanic nations (Asides from NZ) into a new nation called Oceania of Australiasia

Lump together all Caribbean nations and name it Isleña del Caribe

Lump together Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand into Indochina

Make the Middle East part of African federation of football

I need some help in these areas as I am unsure of how to delete or combine nations.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

bump ffs

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

bump

as it is 2:14am i doubt you will get much response just wait untill the morning, unfortunately i don't know how to do this but someone might.

Sounds cool. Will the leagues merge too?

Maybe pm Tiraths,he knows a fair bit about editing.
Dont have a clue how to go about it myself mate

Maybe pm Tiraths,he knows a fair bit about editing.
Dont have a clue how to go about it myself mate
Thanks for the advice, pm'ed the lad hope he's able to help me with this hope it's not too complicated ^^)

I've had a look at the editor and can't find a way to merge nations. You could ask on the SI forums

I've had a look at the editor and can't find a way to merge nations. You could ask on the SI forums
Do you think making a new nation, and switching the populus/players of the old would do the trick, or editing an old nation and taking over from there?

If so, how can you make all people of one ethinicity (originating nation) of another without spending countless hours editing each individual?

I don't know of any way to mass edit something like that sorry

Aw, rotten shame. Btw is there a select all button in the editor when manually selecting things?

You can recreate Yugoslavia...
It would be a monster team!!!

I did something intriguing, it didn't fully work but it seems to look nice,

I took the nation of the group with the highest reputation, added 150 reputation for every other nation, and took the city of every of the of the other nations and converted them to the new nation (renamed) so now you have a populated supernation and a bunch of deserted countries

Aw, rotten shame. Btw is there a select all button in the editor when manually selecting things?
No
I did something intriguing, it didn't fully work but it seems to look nice,

I took the nation of the group with the highest reputation, added 150 reputation for every other nation, and took the city of every of the of the other nations and converted them to the new nation (renamed) so now you have a populated supernation and a bunch of deserted countries
That still won't change the nationality of the current players :( And FM might generate some cities (not sure), which will mean players will still be born from the other countries

No

That still won't change the nationality of the current players :( And FM might generate some cities (not sure), which will mean players will still be born from the other countries
Well to answer that I loaded up FM and saw that the city-less nations have no world ranking so I'm still somewhat confused

the only way i know of to edit more tehn one piece of data at a time is to hold shift and click when selecting it, this would select all data in a row.

e.g.

if you filter clubs by name manchester, then click the top one and hold shift while clicking the 3rd one it will let you edit all of the first 3.

if you only want certain bits of data then you nee to hold ctrl and click.

e.g.

if you used the same filter as metnioned then clicked the top one and clicked teh 3rd one whilst holding ctrl then you can edit the 1st and 3rd ones without editing the 2nd one.

You can recreate Yugoslavia...
It would be a monster team!!!

this, Yugoslavia was always such a good side they were one of my favourit einternational teams as a kid.
Think just how good they'd be now!

Think just how good they'd be now!
You would have a big problem choosing who to play in first 11
Me being a Serb would probably go for more Serbian players, while some Croat would go for Croatians...