New Xbox 360

xDannyW

Reaction score
new_xbox1.jpg

Microsoft on Monday introduced a slimmer version of its Xbox 360 console amid demonstrations of its controller-free gaming device Kinect.
The new Xbox 360 costs the same as its predecessor ($300) and will begin shipping to retailers today, according to Microsoft.
The announcement concluded Microsoft’s press conference at the E3 gaming convention. Earlier in the conference, Microsoft showcased its upcoming Xbox 360 accessory Kinect, which uses multiple cameras to track a player’s body movements and translate them into game controls. Several major gaming companies, including Konami and Activision, showed off new titles utilizing the device.
Due for release later this year, the Kinect device puts Microsoft’s Xbox in closer competition with Nintendo’s Wii, whose Wiimote features a combination of motion and optical sensors enabling players to manipulate objects on the screen with hand gestures.

I watched the conference on Gametrailers just now, wasn't a great one because they could have shown so many games that are under development. The smaller 360 wasn't really that much of a suprise to me seeing as it was obvious that one would come eventually. Kinect sounds a bit gay tbh.

i only got my elite in november, shame i would have preferd a smaller version.

shouldnt be to long before sony takes the kinect idea and makes thier own version

I'm still undecided on how it looks. It looks like Microsoft have kinda sold-out. It's like a really modern, shuny thing. I prefer by big chunky ones looks, but thats just how I roll 8-|

shouldnt be to long before sony takes the kinect idea and makes thier own version

They are making their own motion control similar to the Wii called Sony Move.

They are making their own motion control similar to the Wii called Sony Move.
I knew it. Its funny how although they are all in competion with each other they still copy each idea

well honestly whos gunna pick up their console whilst playing its is own goddam fault

Most DVD/CD drives destroy the discs if you move them while playing...

It was obvious that they would bring out a slim version. Personally, I have a PS3 and think it is much, much better. I'm looking forward to Playstation Move

I'll probably only get one if my current xbox breaks again.

Have to admit, that Racing game does look fun! :)

My arms would be tired after that, they are tired enough as they are ;)