New Years Resolution - Quit Football Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tk1129

Reaction score
I've been here before, but I believe I have finally had enough of this. This random number generator just has too much control over my emotions and I'm over it.

I'm sick of spending hours crafting tactics that will get me more posession, more pass completion, more ccc's when all my opponents conjure up is a 40 yard Mauro Formica wonderstrike and go home with the 3 points.

I'm sick of having 6 CCC's and Man City beating me in the FA cup final 1-0 without even registering a shot on goal!!!

I am sick of my strikers missing a ton of CCCs despite being world class.

I am sick of the game arranging the absolute toughest draws possible - Man City, Arsenal then Man Utd in FA Cup, Inter, Man Utd, Barcelona and finally Real Madrid in the Champions league knockout round. Finally I just capitulated to Real Madrid.

I'm sick of trying to improve my youth set-up endlessly, just to have League 2 standard players come through year after year.

I'm sick of Man Utd absolutely wrecking the competion and matching my results round after round, despite having a vastly inferior team to mine.

I am sick of completely and utterly outplaying my opposition just to scrape by on 1 or 2 goal wins.

I'm sick of superman goalies single handedly stealing matches from me.

I am sick of the **** crossbar!!! I truly hate you, how many goals have you denied me.

I am sick of my years of experience with tactics, training and team-talks meaning absolute ****-all when it comes to facing sunderland and just lose to them for the 3rd time in the same season.

I'm absolutely sick of conceding from corners despite trying over 20 ways to defend those **** set pieces.

I'm sick of scouting players for hours just to keep up with Barcelona who just have wonderkids growing like mushrooms in their cantera.

I'm sick of wasting hours upon hours of my life, just to end up disappointed again.

I have been playing since FM 2005 and I have been taking it for far too long. I don't think it's unreasonable to lose a few games a season just due to bad luck, but bad luck has got to have it's limits too. It's just a stupid random number generator and all we are doing is trying to stack the odds in our favor. This is not a football simulation.

I absolutely love football and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on this forum, but i've had it with FM.

I know it's ironic that I post this on an FM forum, but I know there's people out there that feel the same and I urge you to make this your new years resolution as well.

Let's get off the hamster wheel.

Wow, I never saw FM like that until I read this.. I will never play it ever again. Thank you so much.

LOLJKImSarcastichehe. Good luck with your NY resolution.

I'm sick of trying to improve my youth set-up endlessly, just to have League 2 standard players come through year after year.

I'm sick of scouting players for hours just to keep up with Barcelona who just have wonderkids growing like mushrooms in their cantera.

Everyone is sick of this in real life too.

If you are that sick, you need too make an appointment with your GP.

Seriously, TBF, you tactics are most likely useless.

So basically, you're sick and tired of not picking Man Utd or Barcelona....

No, seriously.

What the **** is this?

I'm sick of having to moderate poor threads...

Use the frustration thread. That's what its there for.

I'm never sick of these epic rants lol. Seriously, there's a reason Man Utd wreck results. They're a world class team with a world class manager with world class players. A bit like real life y'know? And just like real life, you can lose to bottom teams. Like Man City today (lolololol)

Or maybe...just maybe...you're not cut out for the game? Download tactics, look at help threads.... People put in a **** of a lot of work to help people like yourself out. Just give it a shot.

yeah it's difficult but if you would win all the time then you would be bored after the first few weeks, and i'm pretty sure football is like this where ever you go, having your scouts work 24/7, not getting good youth intakes ( most lower league players started at top clubs), and the Champions league is a massive competition where only the 16 best out of Europe get into knock outs so would be hard and as for the missing chances and bad tactic, don't blame the game, blame your team and find a tactic on this website, there are loads!!!

I didn't anticipate to get so much heat for this, but I should have figured. I'm posting on an FM forum to people who love FM.

Anyways that was mostly closure for me and it feels a little better to have said it.

P.S. No, i'm not a noob and my tactics are not useless, and I like I said I understand that there will be a few losses down to luck every now and then.

You may now continue to ridicule me. I'll get on my life.

Nice sending off btw

I didn't anticipate to get so much heat for this, but I should have figured. I'm posting on an FM forum to people who love FM.

Anyways that was mostly closure for me and it feels a little better to have said it.

P.S. No, i'm not a noob and my tactics are not useless, and I like I said I understand that there will be a few losses down to luck every now and then.

You may now continue to ridicule me. I'll get on my life.

Nice sending off btw

I'm not going to ridicule. But like Mike said, you should've really put this on the post your frustrations thread. But whens all said and done, sh*t happens. It's football. But it's also just a game. Yeah it can be annoying as **** sometimes but there you go.

ZOP.gif

I'm sick of superman goalies single handedly stealing matches from me.
Mark Bunn v Liverpool

most of the things your 'sick of' happen IRL.

I found it quite a funny read actually. :)

I give him a month...maybe less...you can't just leave it without therapy!

You must be slightly **** at the game if you can't get the success you want despite 'hours of scouting'.

It takes one player search, 2 minutes clicking scout reports on the ones that look decent then get the results and choose who to buy.

I don't even do training schedules and I do fine. Fairly sure this guy just sucks at the game.

Funny read though.

Status
Not open for further replies.