Carine

Reaction score
New York Cosmos.

This is a database that enters the famous New York Cosmos into an edited MLS on patch 10.3. I've tested the game out over a number of seasons and it works fine.

The top 4 teams in the MLS play-off for the title. The bottom 4 teams play-off for one relegation place to the Second Division (inactive division -- so don't relegated, lol).

A wikipedia link about the Cosmos -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Cosmos

Link to DB file on rapidshare -- http://rapidshare.com/files/396290220/NewYorkCosmos.xml

Please leave some feedback if you play :)

Some in-game screenshots...

Last edited:
I like it, looks really good, The idea of re-structuring the MLS is a good one too, as no promotion & relegation bores me regarding MLS.

Thanks StuW :) Yeah, I had to change the MLS as I wouldn't be able to have players like Pele, Der Kaiser and Neeskens all in the same team due to the all the wage structuring in the default settings.

Cheers guys :) Yeah, I'll be releasing it along with the images that I have (which is isn't all of the players, but they'll be a config file and all so it'll be easy enough to add in the other players if people want). Just wanted to see if anyone with knowledge of the Cosmos would test the team and stats for me before I uploaded it, but no one's come forward yet, lol, so I'll just put it up as is -- after I've added relegation and some other changes to the league and cup systems.

great idea mate, its funny, i stumbled across the team today on wiki and was thinking of re-creating them. quite fitting that someone has already started one ;) i will defo download this

^^ thanks -- there's now a link to the database file in the OP :)

All the players (where possible from info) have correct dates of birth (bar the year, which is set to 1990) and international stats at start of game. They're all also retired from international football to try and keep those stats at the right number -- though international managers might ask them to reconsider when game begins. Der Kaiser has over 100 caps at 18 lol.

May be you could set their DOB so they are the age they where in 1977? Wouldn't that make more sense? ;)

Franz Beckenbaur runs the show in my game :D

This club is getting remade by Englishmen, in real life!

The re-emergence of the Cosmos has really excited me since reading it in FourFourTwo...will download this :D

wouldn't not be great if you removed the New York Red Bulls out of the league mate :p

May be you could set their DOB so they are the age they where in 1977? Wouldn't that make more sense? ;)

It would, but you'd get less time to use these players - Pele was in his mid-30s when he signed up for NYC and the FM engine could retire him after a single season.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

wouldn't not be great if you removed the New York Red Bulls out of the league mate :p

I haven't removed them.

It would, but you'd get less time to use these players - Pele was in his mid-30s when he signed up for NYC and the FM engine could retire him after a single season.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

I haven't removed them.

Yehh mate, Pele is beast in it! Legendary!