vale2010

Reaction score
I'm quite ned at the manager games and i've been trying to play using my fav team port vale but with no luck. I'm beaten most times and my players are always unhappy. Has anyone got a good tactic for vale as i'm pulling what hair i have out with frustration.

No matter what tactic i try they are just as useless as a chocolate fireguard.

No matter what tactic i try they are just as useless as a chocolate fireguard.

Mate,use a tactic for at least ten games before you judge results. Also use motivational Team talks. I always tend to say I expect a win or for the fans at the start. At half time say encourage,pleased or i expect more from you. Its all about keeping the players happy and they will play better.
May i suggest JP Woodys high scoring tactic? It tends to do well in the lower leagues.

try my 4-4-2 its not a wonder tactic u wont win every game 12-0 but i have had succes & i would love some 1 to try it in a lower league + im working on a 4-2-2-2 brazil style tactic witch im testing just now decents success in preseason & my 1st few games with barca/brazil

why dont you learn the ropes at a top/easy club and then take on port vale
teams like man city, Barcalona are easy to manage

I'm on game 32 and i'm 3rd bottom and all my players are very unhappy. Do i restart as there a lost cause or continue till im sacked.

is that using ma tactic m8 ?
i have 1 im using with barca dont lose to many goals but dont score many either tho but usual do enough to get a win its not used as much as my other 1 if u want to try that

Ya thats using your tactic, I'm not very good at all at this but i wanna stick with it. I know i could pick a big team but because i'm a vale fan i want to play as my fave team.

Ya thats using your tactic, I'm not very good at all at this but i wanna stick with it. I know i could pick a big team but because i'm a vale fan i want to play as my fave team.

Have you tried the Ghost tactic or JP Woodys high scoring one?

what patch u using im using the orig 1 no updates its worked with celtic & works ok with barcelona altho i cant win the league with barca & it got me 2 8th with everton iv not tryd it with lower leagues
how good is your squad as well
im new to making tactics my self so go easy on me lol im working on a 5-3-2 formation im waiting for the new patch before i test it properly it sound defensive it its no

Well i was sacked with 36 games played and 4th from bottom of league 2 with my port vale fc. I'm struggleing to master this mad game but i won't give up so i've started again. I don't want to be anyone else but vale so i've decided to go with JP Woody High Scoring tactic, i'm not losing as many but still not scoring enough. If i go behind i will lose, on the tactic is says a new goalkeeper is a must but i can't get anyone to come due to no funds and i need a good ball winning medfielder but again no funds so what can i do. Whats done my head in is i lost 3 of my best players through injury in pre season. Any help will be helpful.

Last edited:
There is a Liverpool 4-4-1-1 formation which you can download on here whoich would probably suit your Vale players if you are still in the first or second season...