newbie to football manager HELP!

bostonfan

Reaction score
ok so i am new to the computer version of football manager and i need some help.
Lately alot of my best players have been complaining about discipline. I have fined some players for getting red cards but now those players are mad at me and have requested transfer. How can i improve my discipline? Also how do i check if players are skipping training and how can i fine them if they do?
Thanks for all the help!

you should only fine a player if he is getting red cards or missing training alot otherwise just give them a warning, i have found once a player is unhappy that is it you may aswell sell them or risk upsetting squad harmony.

Have you been praising them for bad performances? that counts as discipline in this game!

i only fine players if they get red cards but they still get ******, how can i check if they are skipping training? i have started on the bad performances

i only fine players if they get red cards but they still get ******, how can i check if they are skipping training? i have started on the bad performances
BIG mistake should only fine if get red cards often not once!

Always fine players 1 weeks wages for red cards. I don't fine players for poor performances i just have a private chat to them, depending upon their status within the team, either ask them to try harder or threaten there position in the team.
The other side of that is, if a player picks up an early yellow cards i will try and sub him.
I made the same mistake when i first played the game and was too soft on the players, my Leeds save is now in its 14th season & my Arminia Bielefeld is in its 10th season. My teams still gets 3 reds a year, but considering how i send them out to tackle thats good.

Last edited: