tomnewcombe99

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently brought FM21 and (shock i know) the first ever time I've played it. Loving it so far but I have a question around transfer budgets: I see so many discussions, social posts, research etc going into buying players on FM, trying to find the next wonderkid is a great part of the game. However, I can't work out how to buy anyone who is any good as transfer budgets for most teams are so small.
Example: Nearly every championship club never starts with more than a few million and in fact most Premier League clubs seem to start with no more than £10-15m meaning it's really difficult to bring in anyone who is better than I already have. So unless I'm City, PSG, Bayern etc I can't seem to enjoy this part of the game as I don't have the money - also tried to ask board for money option.
In real life Leeds (as an example) would probably look to spend £50-60m this summer but there's no way the game is gojng to give me that in my second season.

Am I doing something wrong here and would love for just a few tips on how I can start buying players?!

Hey tom

this how I do it.....scouting setup is key.....have a few scouts looking at the u23/18’s competitions.....so you can spot the young talent.....and when you need to fill a specific place in the squad....narrow the player search to that position eg: ST.....then further narrow the search down by age group (16-21)....sort by value and specifically scout top to bottom the List of players (get scout report).....then the scout reports begin to come back (they are colour coded red green yellow based on perceived ability of player) make sure you ditch the non green reports and focus on getting scouting reports that are green to 100% knowledge.....then look at the transfer values....and make A choice. You should be able to pick up a few good players for c£1m and then train them up to be worth £40m....and sell them....and repeat the process. I don’t buy players over the age of 21 in general. Or you could just Cheat by editing.....