Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Well, I have just started a Newcastle game, and if you are managing Newcastle at 11.3 then you will know that most of your defence is injured for a long time. Well, I just had my first friendly against Ajax and was in shock of how much my players easily got tired. So I have a few questions that I want to ask you guys to help me out:

1) How do you cancel friendlies? I seem to have one every few days and my players are gonna die because of not always being fit for matches!

2) Who should I sign/loan? Here are some screenshots for your interest:
Finance:

Team:

Tactic:

Recent Transfers:

As you can see from my squad, nearly all my main defenders are injured. Steven Taylor's out for 2-3 months, Danny Simpson is out for 6 weeks-3months. It's getting fustrating and that's why I have gone in so much detail so that you can give me the best advice.

Thank you for reading..

≡
Reaction score
The friendlies are to build up match fitness, but to cancel any go to fixtures, click on the one you want to cancel, then cancel. Play Jonas over LuaLua at AML, and probably Ameobi over Lovenkrands. In my Newcastle save I started yesterday I bought Shawcross for £12m, Necid for £6m and Appiah for £2m, all have done well so far.

Reaction score
you probably need a striker :p see if you can get lukaku or babacar possibly in installments or cheaper options in kadlec and garra dembele (if hes still cheap)

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

scrap the last post i didnt see you sign gamiero :p

Reaction score
The friendlies are to build up match fitness, but to cancel any go to fixtures, click on the one you want to cancel, then cancel. Play Jonas over LuaLua at AML, and probably Ameobi over Lovenkrands. In my Newcastle save I started yesterday I bought Shawcross for £12m, Necid for £6m and Appiah for £2m, all have done well so far.
Thanks..
LuaLua was playing because Jonas is INJURED FOR THREE WEEKS in training :'(
I bought Throchowski from HSV though, he should be good :)
I'll look up the players you told me
you probably need a striker :p see if you can get lukaku or babacar possibly in installments or cheaper options in kadlec and garra dembele (if hes still cheap)

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

scrap the last post i didnt see you sign gamiero :p
It's alright :)

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

No one else? Come on guys :S

Reaction score
For the first season I would buy to fill the positions we are short of quality or need backup in .... Striker - Gamiero is quality also look at Lucas Gaucho Sao Paulo (3.7 buyout clause) or Henrique same club , also I signed Danilo -Santos RB 1 mil then 4.5 over 48 months , also a good CB Gary Cahill - Bolton 2mil then 4.5 over 48 months If you need a list of quality players try here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f101/raikan007s-player-recommendation-list-t53506.html they are all quality hope it helps
p.s. the players fitness will get better but I would cancel a few friendlies or maybe all and setup a friendly schedule that prepares the team for playing twice a week saturday and wednesday
also sign Paul Winsper as your fitness coach he is available free and is quality

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would play 451 with tiote as the holding midfielder and bring in a RB, CB, RM and ST.....in my save I brought
Diego Renan (RB) 7.5m, Gary Cahill (CB) 9.25 Barnetta 8.5m (RM/LM) Lucas (AM) 3.6m Babacar (ST) 9.5m and Lukaku (ST) 8.4m

I sold Alan Smith 2.5m and Lovenkrads 2.9m

Reaction score
For the first season I would buy to fill the positions we are short of quality or need backup in .... Striker - Gamiero is quality also look at Lucas Gaucho Sao Paulo (3.7 buyout clause) or Henrique same club , also I signed Danilo -Santos RB 1 mil then 4.5 over 48 months , also a good CB Gary Cahill - Bolton 2mil then 4.5 over 48 months If you need a list of quality players try here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f101/raikan007s-player-recommendation-list-t53506.html they are all quality hope it helps
p.s. the players fitness will get better but I would cancel a few friendlies or maybe all and setup a friendly schedule that prepares the team for playing twice a week saturday and wednesday
also sign Paul Winsper as your fitness coach he is available free and is quality
Thanks mate, concentrating on my story right now but when I come back to it I will look at your advice. But my scout told me Henrique costs like £19,000,000? I only have nine :S
I got a good physio myself, will check it for you :)

Reaction score
babacar on loan is good only 2.5 mil

also get some DC's as there not that good at newcatle cost me a Europa league place in my 1st and 2nd season

Reaction score
Thanks mate, concentrating on my story right now but when I come back to it I will look at your advice. But my scout told me Henrique costs like £19,000,000? I only have nine :S
I got a good physio myself, will check it for you :)
Henrique £19mil ??? lol what version are you playing he has a low buyout clause I think around 2.7mil :O
your post should also be in here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f102/
P.S. Paul Winsper is a fitness coach not a physio

Last edited:
Reaction score
babacar on loan is good only 2.5 mil

also get some DC's as there not that good at newcatle cost me a Europa league place in my 1st and 2nd season
Thanks, looking at Gary Cahill like others have said :)

Reaction score
Cahill hasnt had the best starts for newcastle save! quality buy though! I signed jordan spence on loan as cover for RB look at Zeman Kadlec and Necid for strikers!

Reaction score
How did you manage to get 2.9 mil for lovenkrands? I can never normally sell anyone even offer them for free just to get wages of the books and still no takers

Reaction score
Cahill is playing great for me now he just needs a little bit of time to settle into team (H)

Reaction score
alexis sanchez would be mint on amr but not sure if you would be able to afford him, also if you need a cm, jadson from shaktar is a class advanced playmaker on attack:)

Reaction score
alexis sanchez would be mint on amr but not sure if you would be able to afford him, also if you need a cm, jadson from shaktar is a class advanced playmaker on attack:)
Don't think I can afford Sanchhez, but thanks anyway :)

Reaction score
Scott Dann from Birmingham is a great CB
sometimes UTD loan out Rafael so you could try him;)
imo you also need a good winger but i cant think of one right now:mad:

Reaction score
Scott Dann from Birmingham is a great CB
sometimes UTD loan out Rafael so you could try him;)
imo you also need a good winger but i cant think of one right now:mad:
Don't worry, I have bought Piotr Trowchiski from HSV ;)

Reaction score
I signed gameiro, brunt and larsson and gameiro bagged 35 goals in 28 games, i didnt bother with defense, another RB would be helpful though.

Reaction score
How did you manage to get 2.9 mil for lovenkrands? I can never normally sell anyone even offer them for free just to get wages of the books and still no takers
Dunno mate.....must be a wheeler dealer...lol...I sold Smith to Everton and Lovenkrads to Athletico Madrid!!!????....This is with LFC Marshalls V4 update as I don't like SI's version!

Reaction score
EDUCATION

It’s a Newcastle game that is being playing by many user. From this site uk essays are giving the presentation to play this game more perfectly and ideally.