woody3011

Reaction score
I am starting a new game with Newcastle
using LFCMarshall update

starting budget 30 million (avoid relegration)

Current formation
GK
DR CB CB DL
AM
CM
RW LW
TM PO

Key players (current)

Krul
Colocini
Taylor (injured)
Enrique
Barton
Jonas
Ben Arfa

Transfer Targets
Lukaku
Fazio
Jeffren
Shawcross
Aurier
several youth players for the future

Need advice on where to strengthen and who to buy?
Formation could be changed

Obviously a striker firstly.

Target Man

Tomas Necid - CSKA Moscow - 5m
Olivier Giroud - Montpellier - 2.5m

AdvFW/Poacher
Darwin Quintero - Santos Laguna - 3m
Christian Benitez - Santos Laguna - 3-5m
Yaser Al-Qahtani - Al Hilal - 3m

AMR
***Dimitri Payet - St. Etienne - 12m***
Pascal Feindouno - Al-Sadd - 3m

DR
Sime Vrsaljko - Dinamo - 2.5m

DL
Peter Masilela - M. Haifa - 180k

Others
Martin Zeman(AML) - Sparta Prague - 1.3m
Ahmed Soukouna(AMR/ST) - free

Adam Hlousek is awesome!
He's really cheap and his free kicks and long range shots are class :D

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

You should've set your expectations higher by the way. Top half at least.
Connor Wickham as backup?? ST
Tom Cairney?? CM
Alex Chamberlain?? RW
Cornel Rapa?? RB
All are young but really good

Targetman - Michael Eneramo
Poacher - Ahmed Khalil, David Goodwillie
RB - Javier Flano, Sime Vrsaljko, Michael Chretien, Alberto Lora, Nenad Tomovic
LB - Lucas Digne, Dodo, Leandro Grimi, Evaldo(Sporting CP)
RW/LW - Spas Delev, Tomasz Kupisz, Urretaviscaya, Roland Lamah, Yohann Mollo, Beerens

gk ochoa, ospina, areola,
cb scott dann, leonel galeano
dr rafael , boakye
rw stanislas
str yaya sanogo. federico macheda,vaclav kadlec

You should've set your expectations higher by the way. Top half at least.

I am just setting it up I think top half finish ya get an extra 10-12 million so 40-42 million plus better wage obv

Thanks for the suggestions everyone

Dodo (LB) who does he play for cos when I searched during last game couldnt find him oO)

rever, leigh griffiths(really cheep poacher) mirel radoi

Seamus Coleman right back from Blackburn, get Neymar for poacher (since now you have the money) and bring Jenas back as central midfielder... No side effect whatsoever apparently Jenas returning... |)

GK: Ochoa / Renan (Avaio)
RB: Appiah 2.5m
CB: Galeano
CB: Fazio / Musacchio
LB: Alex Sandro about 5m
DM: Casemiro 3,6m
CM: Milan Badelj 3.4m / Tomas Horava 300k
AM: Alex Patrick / Lucas ( sao paulo 3.6m )
LW: Zezinho
RW: Dimitri Payet / Oscar
PO: Christian Benitez Now / Tiago Alves for future
TM: Necid Now / Lukaku for future

Lol, I wonder why don't you try and stick with UK & Irish players? After all Newcastle is an english club...I am not an englishman myself, but most of you are - show us some national pride! :D

Anyway buying brazilian or w/e southamerican players ain't the best deal since their playstyle is quite different from the english one and they would need a lot of time to adapt - if they are able to adapt at all. You will be playing counterattacking with more direct or mixed passing in order to survive - southamericans aren't cut for that. You need them to start playing asap, Sir Alex buys southamericans and portuguese players but he can afford to wait few years for their adaptation.

Just use the search tool and try to find some players with good attributes for their position that can adapt well in England - mostly UK players but also french, dutch, belgium, swiss, german, scandinavian. Also get 2(I think this is the allowed number) good substitutes on loan since Newcastle are really short on players - especially left back position. Don't bring in too many newcomers, invest your money in 2-3 very good players - it is better than buying 10 players that are just "okayish".

Last edited:
GK: Ochoa / Renan (Avaio)
RB: Appiah 2.5m
CB: Galeano
CB: Fazio / Musacchio
LB: Alex Sandro about 5m
DM: Casemiro 3,6m
CM: Milan Badelj 3.4m / Tomas Horava 300k
AM: Alex Patrick / Lucas ( sao paulo 3.6m )
LW: Zezinho
RW: Dimitri Payet / Oscar
PO: Christian Benitez Now / Tiago Alves for future
TM: Necid Now / Lukaku for future

Only wanted a few targets but has given plenty to look at lol cheers

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Lol, I wonder why don't you try and stick with UK & Irish players? After all Newcastle is an english club...I am not an englishman myself, but most of you are - show us some national pride! :D

Anyway buying brazilian or w/e southamerican players ain't the best deal since their playstyle is quite different from the english one and they would need a lot of time to adapt - if they are able to adapt at all. You will be playing counterattacking with more direct or mixed passing in order to survive - southamericans aren't cut for that. You need them to start playing asap, Sir Alex buys southamericans and portuguese players but he can afford to wait few years for their adaptation.

Just use the search tool and try to find some players with good attributes for their position that can adapt well in England - mostly UK players but also french, dutch, belgium, swiss, german, scandinavian. Also get 2(I think this is the allowed number) good substitutes on loan since Newcastle are really short on players - especially left back position. Don't bring in too many newcomers, invest your money in 2-3 very good players - it is better than buying 10 players that are just "okayish".

VERY good point! I do usually buy several young ENGLISH players to develop over several yours and learn from then replace the foreign players

did you manage to get S Coleman he goes to Villa everytime and I end up getting Danilo