DeezNutz

Reaction score
Alright Guys,

I'm halfway through my 3rd season at Newcastle. So far I've finishe 5th and 4th and look set to do something similar again.

I need your advice on players I can bring in to help me pus for the title. The Big 4 are pretty much running away with it and I'm lucky if I can ****** fourth.

Im using the 13.0 Database

Here's the squad:

GK: Krul/Amos
LB: Santon/Mbaye
RB: Vrsaljko/R Taylor
CB: Coloccini/Doria/Bochetti/Ashley Williams
MC:Tiote/Pogba/Cabaye/Casarini
LM: Schurrle/Insigne/Marveaux
RM:Ben Arfa/ Torje
ST: Cisse/Borini/Ademilson/Insigne

Who's going to be that guy who can take me to the next level? Any tips or thoughts are appreciated.

9m for this window. Next season I'm estimating about 30m

Your squad is pretty decent actually. Nothing obvious springs too mind. Kirchhoff has been a beast of a centre back for me for about £10m. Club captain and 10 goals a season from set pieces. Hows your central defence?

Doria has be exceptional this season. Bochetti and Coloccini have both been solid, however Coloccini is 33 now, so a new CB isn't a bad idea

You missed out on Kurt Zouma. Should have tried to sign him at the end of your first season. He is the perfect replacement for Capt. Colo.

My suggestion would be to sell Cisse while he is still worth something (hopefully around 20-25M). I'm assuming that you still have Adam Campbell and hopefully are grooming him to be a good striker because he will be your main striker together with Ademilson (assuming that you are playing 4-4-2). After you sell Cisse use the money to get Phil Jones. He is one of the best CBs in the game. He is also home grown and if need be he can play as a FB or even a DM. You will need a replacement for Cabaye soon too.

What happened to Anita? I hope you didn't sell him. He has been a beast for me.

Anyways, here is my line up for my 3rd season and challenging for the title:

GK: Krul
LB: Santon/Willems
RB: DeSciglio/Taylor
CBs: Zouma/Jones/Taylor/Coloccini/Kjaer
CM(defensive):Anita/Koke
CM(attacking/playmaker): Verratti/Adryan
ML: Nem/Ferguson
MR: HBA/The Ox
STs: Campbell/Ademilson/Torres

You could go for Sébastien Corchia as RB good, young defender turns into a world class player in a few years in the right hands. Also try Rafael Tolói for a centre back, same age as Corchia and turns into a star in the game.

My Team in 2018
GK Krul/Butland
RB Corchia (c)
LB Santon
CB Zouma (vc)
CB REGEN
RM Ox
LM Draxler
CM Kroos
CM Gundogan
ST E. Torres
ST Doumbia

Doumbia is an absolute goal machine. Play him as a Poacher or AF to attack, then put the striker next to him as DLF support. Scored 30 for me in the league alone.

Draxler gets a few goals when in AML or AMC as a winger or IF.
Zouma is phenomenal. Scores 10 a season from corners, basic tactics.

These players generally cost, but if you keep an eye out you can get top players for decent money. For example, I got Doumbia for 6.5M in January, he wanted to leave and his contract was up in the summer. Gundogan, Kroos and the Ox cost about 13 each (different windows) for the same reasons. Torres, free contract. Zouma is my most expensive at 15M, worth over 20M 3 years later.

I also have Gameiro and Jordan Ayew. Neither are rated too highly by scouts, only getting about 2.5 stars. Score 15 goals each though.