Newcastle boss Pardew cools Robbie Keane loan deal talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawk3R

Reaction score
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has played down talk of bringing in Spurs striker Robbie Keane on loan in January.
Pardew is looking to offer Andy Carroll more support up front, and Tottenham have said Keane, 30, is available.
The Magpies manager admitted: "If any player of that sort of quality becomes available, we would be interested.
"Whether it is possible to bring them to the club, we will have to see. But I'm not going into individuals because we've had so many names thrown at us."
West Ham, Birmingham and Wolves are also believed to be on Republic of Ireland skipper Keane's trail, although his wages could prove problematic.
Pardew has already made it clear that England forward Carroll is not for sale in the January transfer window.
The 21-year-old, ruled out of Sunday's Premier League trip to Wigan with a thigh injury, has established himself as one of English football's hottest properties with 11 goals so far this season.

Newcastle have been linked with moves for Leeds winger Max Gradel and Southampton's Jason Puncheon, currently on loan at Millwall.
But Pardew refused to be drawn, saying only: "Our priority if we can is to strengthen offensively, if possible, so that will be the area in which we are looking.
"I just think the market is going to be so tight - it's a small market and we will have to compete and see if it works for us.
"We are sound in terms of our players, but we want to add to the group if we can."
One man who could complete a permanent move to Tyneside in January is French winger Hatem Ben Arfa, whose loan spell from Marseille was rudely interrupted after only four games by a double leg fracture.
Newcastle negotiated a fee when they set up the loan deal, and Pardew is hopeful they can tie up the move.
He said: "He is a great player and Newcastle fans would love to see him at the club. All I would say is I am working towards seeing if that is possible."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9330930.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.