Newcastle Career - When the Mags go Marching in

• Thread starter Thread starter NUFCWarrior
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4K

NUFCWarrior

Reaction score
Hello and thank ya' if you reading it. I have been a lifetime supporter of the Toon, and every FM game I've owned I always start with Newcastle, so this time (with inspiration) decided to post it. First monthly update will come soon. :P

July Monthly Update

July Monthly Update

Well... if every month is like this we will easily make it into the UEFA Champions League. I'll start with transfers, not too much action in the buying department but selling and loans came in the millions, nah there was 8 :P.

Transfers:

In:

Christian Eriksen from Ajax for £0 (£27.5m over 48 months)

Out:

Nile Ranger to Birmingham for Loan
Sylvian Marveaux to Villareal for Loan
Peter Lovenkrands to Fulham for £975k
Tamas Kadar to Southampton for £1m
Conor Newton to Gateshead for Loan
Sammy Ameobi to Sheffield Wednesday for Loan
Mehdi Abeid to Hartlepool for Loan
Ryan Donaldson to Crewe for Loan

All of that made me a total income of -£24.5m. Mike Ashley was not happy, but I know Eriksen will be very good. Lets get on with the results;

Hearts (A) win 3-0

Papiss Cisse (2)
Steven Taylor

Bristol Rovers (A) win 5-0

Hatem Ben Arfa (2)
Cian Bolger (og)
Fabricio Coloccini
Papiss Cisse

Carlisle (A) win 5-0

Lubormir Michalik (og)
Papiss Cisse
Jonas
Hatem Ben Arfa (2)

Roma (H) win 2-0

Hatem Ben Arfa (2)

Parma (A) win 10-1 (yes 10-1!!)

Steven Taylor
Hatem Ben Arfa (4)
Papiss Cisse (3)
Jonas
Christian Eriksen

Genoa (A) win 5-0

Christian Eriksen
Papiss Cisse (2)
Dan Gosling
Hatem Ben Arfa

Well I didn't expect a 10-1 thrashing over Parma, and only conceding 1 goal all month
, so this is it...

Player of the Month

Hatem Ben Arfa

View attachment 236417
Appearances 6
Goals 11

Nice!

I'm also a lifetime NUFC supporter! 27 Mil for Erikson is wayyy to much I got him for 7mil in my most recent NUFC save in the first transfer window.

Cheers mate, £7 million you lucky thing, I couldn't get them to settle for anything less. :D

Oh and if you can will you check out the next monthly update when I post it. Cheers :D

August Monthly Update

August Monthly Update

Well another good month helping us get to where we want to be, but with Demba Ba, Christian Eriksen and Danny Guthrie injured I'm running out of players, Haris Vuckic and Yven Movo have been getting played. Transfers, I've bought another midfielder, Eden Hazard, yes Eden Hazard, Mike Ashley was not happy again, £0 but £37.5 million in monthly instalments. Just piling more debt on the club, but I know Hazard will be amazing, and help us march into Europa League (or even champions league). Oh and Leon Best was sold for £4.2 million to West Brom. Lets get onto results.

First Match was a pre-season friendly against Glentoran and it was a bit simple to be honest the didn't even put up a fight, the final score:

Glentoran 0-4 Newcastle

Papiss Cisse
Damien Keenan o.g
Steven Taylor
Jonas

Well the next match was not so simple, Aston Villa in the league. Haris Vuckic in the first team made a massive difference in this match, the final score:

Aston Villa 1-3 Newcastle

Darren Bent Papiss Cisse
Alan Hutton o.g
Haris Vuckic

With alot of help from the opposition defenders, were undefeated so far. Next match was Fulham at home, again the defenders help making this one easy, the final score:

Newcastle 3-1 Fulham
Pavel Pogrebnyak o.g Dickson Etuhu
Eden Hazard
Brede Hangeland o.g

Next match was the Carling Cup round two, against Brighton, unbelievably they took us to extra time, the final score:

Brighton 1-3 Newcastle
Mackail Smith Papiss Cisse
Eden Hazard (2)
Hatem Ben Arfa sent off

With last months PotM sent off after 5 minutes, we are needing cover on the wings, but the transfer window is closed now, so we'll have to wait 'till January, the next match was a league game away at the Britannia Stadium against Stoke, the final score:

Stoke 0-4 Newcastle
Papiss Cisse (2)
Eden Hazard
Davide Santon

Glad Santon got off the mark, I played him on the left wing, it was a tough decision on PotM, so here it is:

Player of the month:

Eden Hazard

View attachment 236543

See ya in September :D:D:D

Good results mate, but not healthy plundering your club into debt like that, start low then become big!

Thanks for the advice mate, but they are both world class players and will help me become big. :D

From now on buy players for 3- million or loan and sell all unwanted to get rid of debt

Yeah, Alan Smith is on the list of going, but he's injured and on loan at MK Dons, and I was thinking about getting some cover for the defence because Steven Taylor is a quality player but he seems to be quite injury prone so Ryan Shawcross will be getting looked at, and I need some cover, if not first team for right back, any suggestions? :)

Have a look at Debuchy for sure. Apart from that maybe Arne Friedrich as although he is quite old he is a free and will do for a season.

Looked at Debuchy and he's just recently moved to Tottenham for £7m and just tried to sign Friedrich but he wants £64k agent fee and Mike Ashley is only letting me offer £2.2k. Anyone else you can think of? :)

oh ok.

Um... Carlos Diogo is pretty cheap and will probably do for a season. Although he may ask for a little bit more than 2.2K.

Why not stick with Ryan Taylor. He is not great on FM but could still be decent back-up for Simpson.

Back