Newcastle get £133m buyout offer

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Retail magnate Mike Ashley launches a £133m takeover offer for Newcastle United football club.

More...

hopefully he's not just all talk then cos every other investor whose said that have all pulled out. it'd be great if he did takeover though...

hopefully he's not just all talk then cos every other investor whose said that have all pulled out. it'd be great if he did takeover though...
He isn't... he's already spent 55m on 41.6% of Sir John Hall's shares and intends to take complete control, Sheperd won't be able to compete with a billionaire.

What does it matter? Newcastle have spent millions over the last few years anyway. Theyve always seemed to find the funds from somewhere and still really underachieve.

What does it matter? Newcastle have spent millions over the last few years anyway. Theyve always seemed to find the funds from somewhere and still really underachieve.
Yes but that has to been down to the manager and who he signs, it's well docuemnted that Sam Allardyce has the habit of finding gems in the market without huge resources and he's already outlined his intention to buy defenders, an area that's troubled us for good knows how many years which is obviously helped by the releasement of Titus Shamble.

But now Sam has money how do you know he won't be more loose with his budget?

meh you and Boozad are could be right but I reckon Allardyce with money will only be a good thing for newcastle.

and it makes a change an english guy taking over a club!

But now Sam has money how do you know he won't be more loose with his budget?
He will be more loose with his money but he still seems to know which are the right players to buy, he always seems to get the best out of his players whether they by homegrown or foreign so i trust him :D

i really don't think big sasm is the right man for us, i'd rather have seen houllier, van gaal or scolari than him.

I wasnt judging what Allardyce will or wont do, I was thinking more of the sensibility of having a takeover and new board when money obviously isnt the major issue.

New board, new respected manager - expectations are bound to be high.

I suppose I could say the same about us at the moment with the Steve Morgan takeover.

meh you and Boozad are could be right but I reckon Allardyce with money will only be a good thing for newcastle.

and it makes a change an english guy taking over a club!

I agree