Newcastle give Pardew perfect start

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Alan Pardew's first game as Newcastle boss ends in a well-deserved victory over Liverpool.

More...

It was a good start but its not an "alan pardew's black and white army" chant just yet :)

We were brilliant today with barton and nolan back after injury and suspension respectively.

ALSO - ranger was fantastic when he came on....maybe a carroll and ranger partnership next game?!?!?! i personally hope so! :)

Ranger was good, indeed.

Showed how we had missed Nolan and Barton. We still need Colo and Williamson back tho.

Carroll is a ******* taaaank!

Ranger was th MoM for me. Once he came on, he tore Kyriagkos apart, and Tiote was fantastic too, stopped Liverpool's midfield from dominating. Carroll did decent, however I don't understand Carroll Ameobi up front against a big physical back line. Once Ameobi was subbed, Ranger looked much better. Colo and Williamson have been wonderful this season.

WILLIAMSON FOR ENGLAND

After watching the small snippet off MOTD, fair play Newcastle, shades of their derby day performance.

Carroll from outside of the box, WOW. the kid really is dynamite...

not looking forward to trying to handle him next week, however Big Rog and "always believe in" Scott Dann will have a ****** good go! XD

although i am looking forward to the geordies coming to town, great fans, genuinely nice people.

good match hopefully.

i haven't seen the highlights yet so i haven't seen Carroll's goal but i remember listening to a podcast a few weeks ago and Iain Dowie was a guest on the show. When they got talking about the Newcastle's next match at that time which i think was the Chelsea game Dowie said he always knew Carroll would become a great player and he said he has an absolute sledgehammer of a left foot.

Tiote was an engine in the midfield today! Him, carroll or barton for MotM for me.

Yeah mfage1, it should be a fantastic game mate! :)

Tiote played great in CM and Barton put in a great performance also on the right :D
Good to have Barton back as he is the only one who can pick out a cross field ball or put in a cross :)
Nolan is always a threat in and around the box :P
Carroll was a beast in the air and scored a superb goal :D

Still too early to be singing Pardew's praises...

Should have never of gotten rid of Hughton. He had the players together with great team spirit and got newcastle into mid table at Christmas...

I'm pretty nervous for the Everton game now. O well. Definately an off-season :'(

I think great game for our entire midfield, with the exception of gutierrez (anyone notice him and Krygiakos are identical twins), Carroll amazing as usual, Ameobi was dreadful, Enrique useful but we need Colo and willo back definetly.
Ranger for a starting 11 place :)
Overall cracking performance :D

I am very much looking forward to seeing Carroll starting in an England shirt though have to admit. If Cappello has the sense to pick him of course

I think great game for our entire midfield, with the exception of gutierrez (anyone notice him and Krygiakos are identical twins),
Ranger for a starting 11 place :)
Overall cracking performance :D

I had noticed :P If it wasnt for the different coloured shirts, i wound never have been able to tell them apart :P

And definitely a starting 11 place for Ranger. He created problems straight away. Hes quick, hes tall, hes powerful...Just needs to score! Much better than Ameobi...But then again, its not that hard :P

I still can't come to accept that Carroll is a good player, I think he is flattering to deceive. I'm not going to deny that he's been very good this season, but I'm still reserving judgement on him until he's got 3 good seasons in the top flight under his belt.

Personally, I think we should play:

Krul
Simpson -- ***** -- Colo -- Enrique
Tiote -- Nolan
Barton ------------------------ Jonas
Carroll -- Ranger

When Ben Arfa is back, drop Jonas, as his final ball is ****. Nolan making bursting runs forward, Gerrardesc, Tiote to break up the play and create from deep.

and

Carroll to rape life.

I still can't come to accept that Carroll is a good player, I think he is flattering to deceive. I'm not going to deny that he's been very good this season, but I'm still reserving judgement on him until he's got 3 good seasons in the top flight under his belt.

I can't help but disagree, although, I am slightly bias.I haven't seen a game this season where the center backs have marked him out of the game, or last season either to be honest. He very rarely gets beaten in the air, and as you can see by the goal he scored today, he can hit a football at pace, and with accuracy. I can understand why people wouldn't lable him as great or world class, but to say he isn't a 'good' player is something I can't understand. Even if you use the whole 'form is temporary, class is perminent', then he must be on ******* good form for the last 2 years, so when does 'form' become 'class'? Even when he played against France for England, he looked comfortable on the ball, and gave the french centerbacks nightmares, and I hear they still can't sleep at night after hearing his name.

Last edited:
I had noticed :P If it wasnt for the different coloured shirts, i wound never have been able to tell them apart :P

And definitely a starting 11 place for Ranger. He created problems straight away. Hes quick, hes tall, hes powerful...Just needs to score! Much better than Ameobi...But then again, its not that hard :P

Ameobi is a donkey lol, and it was weird coz i was like wow, why is gutierrez wearing a liverpool top but it was kyrgiakos lol :P

Ranger needs it caused too many problems not to get one :P

Lets hope Carroll gets an extended run in the England squad, make him better for us :)
Carroll :wub:

Back