• Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K
Personally, I think we should play:

Krul
Simpson -- ***** -- Colo -- Enrique
Tiote -- Nolan
Barton ------------------------ Jonas
Carroll -- Ranger​

When Ben Arfa is back, drop Jonas, as his final ball is ****. Nolan making bursting runs forward, Gerrardesc, Tiote to break up the play and create from deep.​

Best team we could possibly have apart from Jonas, hope we sign Ben Arfa permanently in the summer :D

Personally, I think we should play:

Krul
Simpson -- ***** -- Colo -- Enrique
Tiote -- Nolan
Barton ------------------------ Jonas
Carroll -- Ranger

When Ben Arfa is back, drop Jonas, as his final ball is ****. Nolan making bursting runs forward, Gerrardesc, Tiote to break up the play and create from deep.

and

Carroll to rape life.

I can't help but disagree, although, I am slightly bias.I haven't seen a game this season where the center backs have marked him out of the game, or last season either to be honest. He very rarely gets beaten in the air, and as you can see by the goal he scored today, he can hit a football at pace, and with accuracy. I can understand why people wouldn't lable him as great or world class, but to say he isn't a 'good' player is something I can't understand. Even if you use the whole 'form is temporary, class is perminent', then he must be on ******* good form for the last 2 years, so when does 'form' become 'class'? Even when he played against France for England, he looked comfortable on the ball, and gave the french centerbacks nightmares, and I hear they still can't sleep at night after hearing his name.

No Best or Perch? ;) But yeah for this season that's our first team, although bring Ameobi in for the stadium of *****. Harper can go part time player and replace PB as GK coach, then let Forster and Krul battle it out for #1. I wonder how Pardew will handle the GK situation, and our wealth of striking talent hidden in Best and Xisco...

Thank you toon, made another dreadful day out at Goodison bearable with this result.

Personally, from the small amount of games I have seen of Forster, I think he could be a brilliant keeper, hes got the height and the handling to do it.

We need to get rid of Perch, Best and Xisco, although we would be lucky to get £1m each for them I recon. We need a striker to play off Carroll really, as although Ranger is good, he is only young. The rest of our teams pretty good, actually, I love it.

I would have loved it even more if we still had Martins to play off Carroll, I think his pace would really have been shown being able to run onto Carrolls flick ons.

Yep :) We need someone with the pace of Martins, but the strength and aerial of Carrol...Ranger seems to be a mixture of them :P

More magic from Joey Barton :)

Turns out Carroll can score from outside the box as well! Brilliant

Personally, from the small amount of games I have seen of Forster, I think he could be a brilliant keeper, hes got the height and the handling to do it.

We need to get rid of Perch, Best and Xisco, although we would be lucky to get £1m each for them I recon. We need a striker to play off Carroll really, as although Ranger is good, he is only young. The rest of our teams pretty good, actually, I love it.

I would have loved it even more if we still had Martins to play off Carroll, I think his pace would really have been shown being able to run onto Carrolls flick ons.
Forster has been pretty good tbh he made a mistake against rangers but has been as good as you came expect for a young keeper playing behind our ****** defense.

We need Williamson and Colo back for sure! Campbell is too slow and Taylor has just came back from injury, but isnt playing too bad.

I can back this up. Forster has been great for us this season. He has made some top saves when we needed them most, he has been consistently good and far less mistake prone than Celtic keepers usually are (see Douglas, Gould, Zaluska). The only downside is he doesn't command his box as much as I would like. He is also a bit hesitant in coming out for crosses, and then gets caught halfway between the man and the goal. However, I think he'll be great for yo when he comes back. :)

On topic, I think Newcastle thoroughly deserved the points, they played Liverpool off the park at times and once again Andy Carroll raped an EPL defence.

I am pleased to see Newcastle in the top half, hopefully they'll maintain there and the fat Ashley will give some money for transfers.
Anyway, if Pardew will succeed this season, I think 90% worth is for Hughton.

next saturday they will play with birmingham we will see what he got

Yep. We will have a lot of confidence after beating liverpool...but we arnt the best away from home

Back