GeordieRichee

Reaction score
Hi I have just been promoted with Newcastle United and need a few quality players the main positions I need to fill are 2 cm 1 rw 1 striker and a goal keeper Any ideas would be welcome i am looking for quality tried and tested players ( I already have signed Djalo and Skjelbred ) :S

When i got promoted with newcastle i managed to get jenas on loan, he was transfer listed for 5million so i loaned him for 1.2mil with future fee set to 5mil, he worked well with nolan for me. I also got abel hernandez on loan he's only young but he was quality as a poacher with carroll a target man

Agree with the above post, try and have a look see who is for sale/loan to bolster your squad, also get your assistant to compile loan availability reports, he brings up some players that aren't loan listed but are still available to loan.

ALSO, in every January transfer window, make a filter "contract status > expiring 6 months" and you can approach to sign them at the end of the season - I've picked up many world class players for free by doing this.

What budget do you have? Have you offloaded any older players while they still have some value?

Ahhhhh cheers for the contract expiring advice I didn't know to do that . I have offloaded most of the big earning flops barton smith **** xisco i have 13 mil to spend I was thinking of getting van der vaart for 6.5 mil from real he is transfer listed now and danny wilson from rangers for lcb arghhhh decisions decisions lol :S I really need a keeper thou to replace harper

Ahhhhh cheers for the contract expiring advice I didn't know to do that . I have offloaded most of the big earning flops barton smith **** xisco i have 13 mil to spend I was thinking of getting van der vaart for 6.5 mil from real he is transfer listed now and danny wilson from rangers for lcb arghhhh decisions decisions lol :S I really need a keeper thou to replace harper

You can get Ustari or Kameni for that - they have a £5.25m buy-out clause in their contracts.

You can get Ustari or Kameni for that - they have a £5.25m buy-out clause in their contracts.

Which do you reckon is the best out of the 2 ?

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

When i got promoted with newcastle i managed to get jenas on loan, he was transfer listed for 5million so i loaned him for 1.2mil with future fee set to 5mil, he worked well with nolan for me. I also got abel hernandez on loan he's only young but he was quality as a poacher with carroll a target man
Urghh J J on loan sorry but no way mr fishbowl is coming back to the toon lol

Forster should be good enough to replace Harper until you get a bit more money from playing in the prem. For a CB you could try Miles Addison

I would try and sign Ochoa as a keeper should be cheap if he still plays for America also Cristaldo is a decent striker

I would definately get van der vaart while he is available and out of the two goalkeepers i recommend kameni, although i didn't know he had a buy-out clause i payed alot more for him

Cheers for the advice I went with buying Sidnei 6.75mil (Benfica) and Rosicky 1.5mil (Transfer listed by Arsenal) in January transfer window also i signed Oscar Cardoza( summer transfer) to play upfront with Djalo . I'll stick with Harper for this season 2010/11

Last edited:
What i would do if find replacements for old newcastle players whos wage budget is above 50k sell them soon as they will become deadwood soon. you can find players younger, better , and will go for a lower wage under 30k. Iker munian can become a really good striker and tim krul is doing well in the prem for me. Try to buy wonderkids like ramsey, jonjo sheley.

GK - Enyeama - Hapoel Tel-Aviv(400k)
Claudio Bravo - Sociedad(2-3m)