mccollio09

Reaction score
So I've finally decided on which team to give the demo a decent go with, want your thoughts on Newcastle on FM12.

Question of the thread: Is the Newcastle squad overrated or fair?

I don't know if FM has taken the club's current form into account but Newcastle look a bit too good to me.

Jonas has been given a decent stats boost compared to FM11, Ben Arfa hasn't decreased whatsoever despite a major injury + a new niggle, Cabaye has gone up ma-hoosively compared to FM11 too and tbh Obertan on every single version has stats much better than his ability - oh and add in that Tim Krul looks like a cracking keeper at just 23 and Demba Ba as a very handy poacher. Finally centre back choices are fairly capable in Steven Taylor and Williamson.

9 million for transfers to take into account + planning on selling a couple of players I consider as deadwood... Am I being unrealistic in thinking that some good management could earn a champions league spot in the first season?

I'm yet to look at the squad yet but im certainly glad to hear that Krul has got a boost, it was about time he got one, next Shay Given if you ask me!

I'm yet to look at the squad yet but im certainly glad to hear that Krul has got a boost, it was about time he got one, next Shay Given if you ask me!

Shay Given? Van Der Sar mate ;)

Newcastle fan <3

Shay Given? Van Der Sar mate ;)

Newcastle fan <3

Shay Given has always been my favourite goalkeeper for the premiership ;)

I'm a West Brom fan, and i was totally gutted when he turned us down for Villa :(

To be fair, Krul has always had the potential, and in the last season or two, when he has been asked to play, he has been awesome. This season, even more so. Rarely makes mistakes and consistently pulls off cracking saves.

Jonas is a good player, I think people underrate him in real life, but a goalscorer he is not, and I think that is reflected in the game, on my save, he never scores. :)

Cabaye is a ******* beast on the demo, it has to be said, I think I am 6 games into the league, and he has 8 goals and 4 assists. Granted, he is a good player IRL, but unsure he is good enough to be warranting those kind of returns on playing as a B2B midfielder with Long shots on often.

I think Ba is fair, he is quick and a good finisher, but has the composure of a baby deer.

For CB's I would play Colo and Taylor, and Simpson and Santon are looking like good fullbacks. Santon must have a pretty high PA still.

Unsure on the HBA change, if any was needed, I suppose we will have to wait to see how well he plays on return from injury.

Why would Hatem Ben Arfa's stats change because of a major injury. If he hasn't played, they can't evaluate him therefore they cannot change his stats. Newcastle will probably be one of the teams to be on FM this year, they have started the season brightly as well.

£9 million transfer budget? Thats a little unrealistic considering the Carrol money hasn't even been touched yet (infact we have more if I remember correctly).

Interesting, seems like a pretty split decision on this so far.

To Dunc, I have had similar results with Yohan as a playmaker on support, stupidly good. Defo going for Newcastle when the full save comes out, still thinking champs league is very capable first season. Need a new left back and that's virtually it for the first 11, bit more depth needed perhaps.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

£9 million transfer budget? Thats a little unrealistic considering the Carrol money hasn't even been touched yet (infact we have more if I remember correctly).

Yeah, but they've taken the Mike Ashley c*nt factor into effect

Right, I've just finished the half season top of the league with Newcastle... Having made one signing... Adam Eckersley.

SI MAKE THE GAME HARDER

It's because we pwn. Ben Arfa hasn't been decreased because he pwns. Cabaye pwns on a super scale, hence why he's amazing - people are just ****** we got him first. Tim Krul is increased because have you seen him this season? He's been amazing.

Also I believe if you ask for more money they sometimes give it to you, so 9m is a start considering we've already spent 5m on cabaye and Ashley is tight. Realism folks, toon ftw.

In my opinion...
Tiote must have more tackling. But He is very good.
Cabaye stats are ok.
Krul in this season is amazing and I don't undestand people, who say: "Krul is overrated".
Shane Ferguson is underarated, he' ii star in next season. Good dribbling and fast.
Sorry for my mistakes in English, I don't speek well, but I had wrote my suggestions.

Haven't seen the demo but irl krul looks to be a real talent hopefully Newcastle can hang onto him. As for Cabaye, he is now a mainstay in the France team and more importantly was the centre midfield of the Lille team that won the French league. I'm still a bit stunned that he chose us over Champions League football but I'm not complaining. Must be as good as Gervinho, assuming he's highly rated on this.

9 million budget, sounds right. Newcastle could sell their whole team and Ashley would prevent reinvestment.

Ofc Newcastle is strong. They have Obertan whos best player in the whole world. Obertan pwns.

Cabaye was brilliant last season, Lille's best player after Hazard. Good enough to start for any team in the Prem. he is a genuinely complete midfielder, the issue isnt that he is over-rated, its that Newcastle did a brilliant job of getting a player who is arguably above their station (no offence) Just because he plays for newcastle doesnt mean he shouldnt get the stats he deserves

To be honest having played and studied the demo I'd say they've got it pretty much spot on with our player's ability etc , we are decent team nowadays 4th in the league and Cabaye , Ba , Jonas etc are playing well as Tubby says they pwn !! and it was announced that next season the club will be financially in the black . We are a quality outfit nowadays , I had my doubts about Ashley ( even hated him around the Keegan saga lol) but he's really come through for us and Alan Pardew is a quality manager that was never in any doubt ..... roll on the good times :D