Newcastle Reject Spurs Approach for Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see him at Spurs, but definitely not for that price

There is no way he is only £4M less than Dzeko.

Even as a Toon fan, I don't think he's worth more than £12M at the moment.

The price does seem a bit over inflated like. Few years time, yeah, but it does seem a little bit OTT. But when he does decide to make the step up, could be worth a fortune. But at the moment, the potential for the guy is there to see

I think you underestimate market prices. When Darren Bent goes for 24 mil (and you can say what you want about paying over the odds, but I reckon that's about what he's worth nowadays) you can see a younger, up and coming player going for relatively similar money.

The vital factor in this is he's English. That drives his price up like nobody's business.

Tottenham have upped their bid to £25m and Newcastle have turned it down lol. Id have snapped their hand off.

I have to admit, the values of English players is pretty staggeing now. If £23 million is rejected, what would a club have to pay for a player of Carroll's caliber next time round? £35 million, double... it's unreal sometimes lol

Young, talented English striker today is worth about that, he'd do well for Spurs, but Newcastle need him as well, a few people I know who support Newcastle say they reckon he's quite a loyal player, so wait to see if this turns into another transfer saga.

I think he is one of those loyal players. Think he said he wants to stay at Newcastle. To be honest, I can't see him handing in a transfer request. Comes across he loves the club

Suarez for 23 million, or Carroll for 25 million? Unless they see him replacing Crouch.

Carrol is a top striker but he's not worth £20M+
I'd say £15M max tbh

Anyway if I was in that position with bids of over £20M coming in I would accept that anyday

I am honestly shocked that Ashley has rejected these bids.

Thank god he has though. We would have 3 days to sign a new striker or we would be ******. Best and Ameobi up front? I would rather have a pair of blind donkeys with no legs.

Something tells me that this transfer window is just clicking into gear now.

I am honestly shocked that Ashley has rejected these bids.

Thank god he has though. We would have 3 days to sign a new striker or we would be ******. Best and Ameobi up front? I would rather have a pair of blind donkeys with no legs.

Pretty much agree. To sell one of the clubs best players, is pretty much suicidial this late on. They should keep him at all costs. He's going to get better and better-definately a star of the future, and can see him doing well in an England shirt too.

Andy Carroll is never worth that much XD

Tottenham could find much better strikers for that price.

i would have taken it and run... fast.

As has been mentioned though, probably wouldn't have enough time to get a quality replacement striker on though. Would've been a disastrous idea

You can sign half of Brazil for that money.

You can sign half of Brazil for that money.

That may be so, but the workrate, passion and committment Carroll puts in for Newcastle is pretty much priceless. Can't buy that

Status
Not open for further replies.