• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Newcastle United sign winger Gabriel Obertan from Manchester United on a five-year deal.

More...

SIGH.....Yet another midfielder...........although one with great potential, but we still need a class striker!!!???

SIGH.....Yet another midfielder...........although one with great potential, but we still need a class striker!!!???

I have seen him playing as striker lot of times for reserves. Did very well and his finishing is surprisingly very good for someone who lacks composure in the final third.

Pardew may play him there few games as he can run behind defense (Did few times for reserves)..

It's unfortunate that we've sold him, thought he'd stay longer and maybe progress. Think he'll do well at Newcastle though, should Jonas Gutierrez leave or become unavailable.

You also need depth in the winger position. Right now all you have is Marveaux and Jonás.

Any idea what the fee is?

Before the deal went through rumours said the fee was 3m, so it's likely to be around that general area.

I have seen him playing as striker lot of times for reserves. Did very well and his finishing is surprisingly very good for someone who lacks composure in the final third.

Pardew may play him there few games as he can run behind defense (Did few times for reserves)..

Yeah he looked good in the pre-season tour of America........ but we already have Ben Arfa who can play that position!? unless he is looking to play Obertan on the right, Jonas on the left and Ben Arfa behind Ameobi/Best/Love n cuddles/Ranger

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Any idea what the fee is?

I think its in the region of 3-4m, in terms of money spent I think its a good deals, esp when Routledge went for 2.5m!?

Yeah he looked good in the pre-season tour of America........ but we already have Ben Arfa who can play that position!? unless he is looking to play Obertan on the right, Jonas on the left and Ben Arfa behind Ameobi/Best/Love n cuddles/Ranger

Yeah Ben Arfa can play there, but Obertan adds strength in depth.. I would say good player to have in squad when you consider you got him only for 3 Million..

Good signing, as I have already said :)

The midfield will be along the lines of: Tiote & Cabaye in CM, HBA in the hole, and Obertan RW, and a fight between Jonas and Marveaux on LW.

Not a bad signing, but......

We need a ******* striker

Not a bad signing, but......

We need a ******* striker

There is no rush, as long as someone is in before September 1st. I would rather they take their time on what will be the most important signing, rather than rush it and end up with another Guivarc'h.

Ba is good I think, as long as Ben Arfa can score goals easely too. I think you are secured in attack, this squad remembers me now of Aston Villa's squad 2-3 years season ago, when defence was pretty weak, but their attack was stunning.

Ba is good I think, as long as Ben Arfa can score goals easely too. I think you are secured in attack, this squad remembers me now of Aston Villa's squad 2-3 years season ago, when defence was pretty weak, but their attack was stunning.

The defense isn't weak?

Not a bad signing, but it's funny how loads of Mags slagged Sunderland off for signing Man Utd fringe players and they've gone and done the same XD

Not a bad signing, but it's funny how loads of Mags slagged Sunderland off for signing Man Utd fringe players and they've gone and done the same XD

I think they're very different transfers.

Have to watch Sunderland and Newcastle games as much as possible. Would like to see what Obertan can do with run of games.

Ober The Toon..

Its Overtan for ManUtd :(

Back