Newcastle sign midfielder Obertan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K
Don't really know why you guys don't get a striker like Shane Long , he's class i know he's from championship but still...

Don't really know why you guys don't get a striker like Shane Long , he's class i know he's from championship but still...

They have a few decent strikers but they need a proven PL goalscorer to improve the attack. Would be a bad signing tbh

Saw him before he went to ManU and thought he was a good player. He went to too big a club too soon in his career. He should have stayed in France and gotten more playing time under his belt and then moved.

Good luck to Obertan. Seen some flashes of a good player in there somewhere. Hopefully if he can get a good run of games then he can build some confidence and show the Premiership what he can do.

Demba Ba has already joined, don't forget, but I guess they need a quality striker who is proven in the Premier League. Maybe someone like Defoe or Bellamy?

now use the man utd connections for berbatov...

Mmmm Wasn't good enough for Bordeaux or Manchester United. Saw him in the Crawley game and he was wank but then again, that was only one game. I suppose he will only get better though (unless he does a marlet). Would of been better off spending money on a new contract for Joey B <3

I hope he scores a hattrick against us. But we shall win 4-3. Good luck to Obertan.

Back