Boondock

Reaction score
Hi!

I want to start a game with Newcastle, but I don't know what tactic to use. I'm pretty new to the game and for some reason there is only 1 formation I can fully master. That is a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1, whatever you want to call it. With one anchorman, a advanced playmaker and a central attacking midfielder. I don't think I can work this tactic with Newcastle and I want to try something new. Could I work a 4-4-1-1? But than I don't know what role to play my wingers and my central midfielders. I tried working a 4-1-2-1-2, but the lack of flanks isn't what I want nor need.
Anyone got a good idea? I also don't know if I should play a fluid tactic or a sturdy tactic?

Thanks for your Ideas!

Boondock

It really depends mate on what suits your team and players roles the best. You could then move on to finding your current squads weak links (if any) and try to fix it. Just get as much friendly matches under your belt during the pre season and see how your tactics pan out.

Goodluck dude:)

When I started with Newcastle, I got Milner on loan and signed Pieters for £3m, Played this system:

GK - Tim Krul (Goalkeeper/Defend)
DR - Davide Santon (Full Back/Support)
DCR - Steven Taylor (Limited Defender/Stopper)
DCL - Fabricio Coloccini (Ball Playing Defender/Cover)
DL - Erik Pieters (Full Back/Support)
DMCR - Cheick Tiote (Defensive Midfielder/Defend)
DMCL - Yohan Cabaye (Deep Lying Playmaker/Defend)
MR - James Milner (Defensive Winger/Support)
ML - Jonas Gutierrez (Defensive Winger/Support)
AMC - Hatem Ben Arfa (Trequartista/Attack)
STC - Demba Ba (Advanced Forward/Attack)

System was Balanced/Attacking.