alanrichie

Reaction score
Hi guys

So im fancying a sunday sesh on FM but sick of the same process time and time again on the first transfer window,

Soon as i start up i sell the following players

Xisco - 1.8m
Ameobi - 3m (Sometimes)
Ranger - 3m
Vuckic - 1.6m
Tim Krul - 1.6m
Barton - 3.2m (sometimes)
Lovenknards - 1.5m
Carroll - 5.5m - DEBATE
Jonas - 2.2m

If board agrees to increasing transfer revenue im left with around £15m ish if not £11m.

Now obviously Carroll is the most valuable everytime ive kept hold of him he is rubbish! trying everything with him so ive decided its just better to sell...

Problem is getting talent upfront, usually go down this route, im not a tool and understand players take time to settle in etc

Kadlec - Injured all the time
Lukaku - Meh boring
Babacar - **** the first season
Benitez - Misses sitters so much
Artem Milenski - Decent tbh but 8mil
Kevin Gemerio (sp) - Decent but expensive

Wondering what you guys do for newcastles strike force? Best ive finished is 5th usually average 7th place first season. I then usualy buy Neymar <3

Also does Carroll perform for you guys?

Carroll performs best as a Target Man partnered with a Poacher. I'd keep him, although not a extremely consistant scorer, he comes up big at vital moments.

A good up front talent? Lukaku or Kadlec, both are amazing in the premiership even at their ages, Lukaku is probably the best option.

Lukaku - Meh boring

I just took over Newcastle in my game in the third season and AC has been quality for a year or two, 20 goals in the first season and I wasnt in charge so.. just play him as a Target Man.

maybe get lukaku as a complete forward or a guy called mamodou ceesay from zillina 6 gt 5 and a great target man altho he comes in 6 months for free so keep carroll as a target man with a poacher next to him and then use ceesay in first team or backup :D

Tried Carroll as target man its his obvious role... and had him with both Kadlec and Benitez as poachers still not really decent.

Who every buys carroll normally doesnt play him anyways! Birmingham bought him and he sat on the bench all season.

I support Newcastle but i feel AC just doesnt perform in this game,

Last edited:
Santa Cruz on loan, i had him in my first 2 seasons, i just tried to sell the rest

I got Fred for 10m, i do exactly the same as you in first season with selling players, and Fred has become my top scorer for past 2 seasons

Your insane man selling jonas and barton, they both class players, and why sell vuckic hes good for the future, xisco is good if played properly, lovenkrands is good backup but ye if u can get 1.5mil for him i would sell him also, as hes old.

Ye deffo sell ameobi , but tim krul? lol keep him and sell harper instead if you wanna sell a keeper.

And carroll like others said if he's used properly in the right tactic he's good, and you need to teach him the right moves to learn to make him better and more consistant, you need to bring the best outa your players :p

I have did you have have done everytime i played newcastle, but now im gonna try make things work best i can in first season, maybe buy 1 or 2 players and get couple on loan.

Your insane man selling jonas and barton, they both class players, and why sell vuckic hes good for the future, xisco is good if played properly, lovenkrands is good backup but ye if u can get 1.5mil for him i would sell him also, as hes old.

Ye deffo sell ameobi , but tim krul? lol keep him and sell harper instead if you wanna sell a keeper.

And carroll like others said if he's used properly in the right tactic he's good, and you need to teach him the right moves to learn to make him better and more consistant, you need to bring the best outa your players :p

I have did you have have done everytime i played newcastle, but now im gonna try make things work best i can in first season, maybe buy 1 or 2 players and get couple on loan.

Sell Krul and i buy vincent eneyama - £230k

Jonas is just anoying runs around the ***** and goes outside comes back still with the ball then shoots and misses every time.

Barton aint nothing special would rarther use his money to buy Lucas from Sao Paulo

Vuckic rots in the reserves again rarther have the cash!

sign connor wickham, hes quality for my united team partnered with rooney.

I have carrol up front on his own with Nolan just behind him and try and raise funds to get Landon Donavon. Always seems to work for me, I just always have problems with the defence, and end up spending loads on getting Jack Rodwell. Also I like to try and get hold of Henri Lansbury, he always seems to do well for me.
Keep us posted
DMLambert

Lacina Traore - CRJ Cluj
Height: 203 cm
Positive : Strenght, Technique, Jumping, Heading, Flair, Balance, Agression + 203 cm :)
Negative: Passing, Creativity, Team Work, Work Rate

Get Kevin Gameiro. He is probably the best poacher in the game under 10mil. I got him for £6.75mil

If you can get either of them I would try for Hulk or Edilson Cavani both are true class . You will probably have to be in europe to sign them thou . You can normally get Hulk for about £15-16.5mil over 48 months